Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity??

Options
  • 17-05-2007 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi Everyone,

I am completely new to this and have found these boards absolutely invaluable. I have just bought a 03 Knaus Sun Traveller 708 TI in Germany. This is probably a stupid question. But when I go to hook up to power at a site do I need some kind of adapter to compensate for the difference in power. The power lead and connection that came with the van are the european type that you would find on 110 volt power tools. Do I need to change this?
    Thanks everyone who took the time to post advice and answer questions, it makes life so much easier for anyone new.

Regards,

Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Do you mean the blue connector with the 3 prongs?

321026_01_lr2.jpg321031_01_lr2.jpg

That's a standard CEE connnector (240 v 50~ 16 A) and is common on most campsites all over Europe (about the only thing the EU ever got harmonised:D )

The only camper you would be likely to find a 110V installation in is an american model ...they have different gas norms as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rolex

Hi Peasant,

Thats exactly the type of fittings I have.

Does that mean I can just plug directly into a power supply?

Thank you for your fast reply.

I'm heading for the UK tomorrow and this will save me looking like a complete idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yes, it means exactly that :cool:

99.9% of all campsites would have their hookups with the blue sockets, so you just plug in your blue plug and away you go.

The only thing is ...not all campsites supply the same current. Especially in southern Europe they can be a bit miserly with the amperes. Plug in your 1600 watt hairdryer and the fuse goes at the socket / alternatively the whole campsite goes dark :D ...

You on the other hand will have the "problem" that all your internal sockets in the Knaus will be to German standards and your Irish appliances have different plugs ...but I'd guess you discovered that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rolex

Yeah I spotted the socket difference and bought some adaptors. Thank you again for your help it is much appreciated.

Advertisement