Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replying to daft.ie ads

Options
  • 17-05-2007 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

Ok, I know this sounds like a ridiculous question but here goes - I'm trying to rent a room in a shared house and so have been on the search on daft.ie. When I reply to the ads I just ask if it is possible if I could arrange to see the room. No one...well 4 in total...are replying to my emails so I'm wondering what other people's experience was with daft.ie. Are you meant to give a description like Irish, age etc when replying....or what is the best way to go about it. Thanks for reading! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Well- consider that these are people who are looking for someone to share their house with. So- try to sell yourself when you're replying- give a little information about yourself- whether you are working or studying- and the area you're working or studying in. They will be trying to get someone who is minimal trouble to them- someone who they can get on sufficiently well with, who pays their bills on time and doesn't cause any hassle.....

Put yourself in their boots- you are trying to let a room- and you have a stack of e-mails in front of you- what would make you stop at a particular e-mail and decide to ask that particular person along?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Last time I put an ad on daft.ie for a room sharing I was getting around 80 emails per day that the ad was up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Thanks, I just fell a little silly describing myself to a pure stranger but I suppose thats better than being flatless!!

Thanks!

Advertisement