Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone oc a xps m1710?

Options
  • 17-05-2007 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

i clocked mine with the nvflash utility, i havent run 3d mark scores yet but seems to be running faster, esp stalker.......!

stock is a 7900gs, over clocked something like 450/550 i think.

anyone else?

i got the fan control utility to monitor my temps so safe enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Never bothered when I had one. have a 9400 with 7900gs now, so let us know what difference it makes. You might get more info over here.

http://www.notebookforums.com/forum153.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

mine is clocked nicely, i used that forum, all yanks.

i was wondering if anyone here has clocked xps machines.

your lappie got just 1 cooling pipe, the m1710 got 2, one for cpu and gpu. (more fun to be had).

once you dont toast the gpu above 80 degrees all should be well,

havent run 3d mark but expect figure between 4/5000 marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

over clocked my M170 6800 Ultra with the nvflash util,cant remember off hand what the speeds are but it takes a bit of patience getting them right, found that ATiTool was an invaluable piece of software as it allows u to software overclock the card first to test it out then you can make the permanent change to the cards bios with nvflash.
    I noticed a good difference in F.E.A.R after the overclock...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Never overclocked mine. Not sure I'd be bothered, anything I've thrown at it was grand.

Advertisement