Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Slow puncture/gradual pressure loss...

Options
  • 17-05-2007 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Drivers' side rear tyre on my 106 seems to have developed a slow puncture or is loosing pressure over a long period. I've taken to re-inflating it once a week or so and it seems to steady itself around 14-15 psi ( I keep all the tyres at about 28 psi). I'm thinking that perhaps the valve is faulty maybe.
    So what should I do here...keep on driving till it develops into a normal flat tyre?
    Change it out and get it seen to now?
    Am I at risk from a blowout in this situation?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Get it seen to NOW. Your handling will be seriously compromised by a rear tyre at less than half of the correct pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You probably have a nail or a screw stuck in the tyre - it's the most common cause of a slow puncture. But do get it seen to asap as Anan1 says - slow punctures usually get faster and faster.

If you want to check the valve, spit on your finger and wipe it over the valve - if it bubbles its leaking.

Sorry about the multiple posts, folks. I've requested that the excess posts be deleted.

edit: they're gone now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

You can delete them yourself crosstown.

Go into edit post, and go advanced :)

You can delete them yourself crosstown.

Go into edit post, and go advanced :)

I know - but it wasn't happening quickly enough - I'm an impatient fcuker!

All sorted now though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement