Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza, brothers!

Options
  • 17-05-2007 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

ok, brothers, which fast food pizza joint do you prefer? I used to be an Apache man, but recently I have discovered the amazing Meateor from Domino's! my god, it's fúcking brilliant! 4 or 5 kinds of meat and a bbq sauce base. wow! anyway where do you get your pizza from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think pizza in Ireland is fairly crap and overpriced :eek::)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Domino(s) mother****er!

Mighty Meaty or the Meateor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Papa Johns FTW. Damn tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Apache Spike FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

crosstownk wrote:

Papajohns is the king of takeaway pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

crosstownk wrote:

Papajohns is the king of takeaway pizza.

Mizzoni's hot and spicy ftw.

Had a Domino's once, and think it was a meteor (had meatballs on it). It had 3-levels-of-spiciness or something. Got the level 3 one. Was o.k. but it had a crappy mustard all over it and it just ruined it.

wouldn't go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah brothers, ye are missing out but fear not. Join me at the Ruu sstate (flights courtesy of your wifes credit card), I spotted a 21" cheese and bacon pizza in town the other day! I kid you not. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

For the supreme pizza experience get the Carne Amore from Bistro Bianconi!

For a quick snack at lunch! Consider the Meal Deal 1 with NYPD pizza (www.nypd.ie)... a 14" pizza with wedges and drink!

Sooooo good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mizzoni's hot and spicy ftw.

With veg toppings of onion, sweetcorn and pineapply omfg!!!!

Also wagon wheel size.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Dominos Sizzler followed closely by the Meateor from said eatery. Haven't had Papa John's but it seems to come fairly well recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Wood stone oven pizza is your only man. I only eat plain cheese pizza and find independent pizza in Drumcondra better than any of the major pizza chains. As baked in wood oven pizza can be overcooked sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Godfather's.

They know where you live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Ruu wrote:
    Ah brothers, ye are missing out but fear not. Join me at the Ruu sstate (flights courtesy of your wifes credit card), I spotted a 21" cheese and bacon pizza in town the other day! I kid you not. :eek:

Wagon Wheel size 20 inches! So we're not missing out on much, sure, what's an extra inch ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Meateor is the business alright, but the pepperoni from Apache after a night out is hard beaten. 2 layers of pepperoni, mmmmm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Brothers would you not be more inclined to support smaller local pizza places rather than large faceless american corporations, the little guy will appreciate the business more and provide a better level of service, that and a Pizza that is made fresh rather than some mass produced generic product. in my experience they take about the same length of time to deliver and cost around the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Monroe's in Galway. Best pizza ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Dominos!

Meltdown pizza, level 3... oh how I wish for a level 4...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Monroe's in Galway. Best pizza ever.

Would agree there, of all the pizza places in Ireland that's still my num #1!
    I'd add Massimo's breakfast pizza just below it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tzetze wrote:
    Godfather's.

They know where you live.
    Seconded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Another vote for Godfathers here, although the Gotham City Cafe is the place to go for the best pizzas in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

The Meateor is a godsend from dominos and now that they have online ordering I dont need to use my dialing stick on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Brothers would you not be more inclined to support smaller local pizza places rather than large faceless american corporations, the little guy will appreciate the business more and provide a better level of service, that and a Pizza that is made fresh rather than some mass produced generic product. in my experience they take about the same length of time to deliver and cost around the same.
    Exactly.

The best pizza I ever tasted in Ireland was from a small-take out in Duleek, Meath called Pizza Napoli owned and run by two Italian brothers.

The reason they are so great is that they make their own bases on the spot. Even Pizza Express/Milano's in Ireland import all their bases frozen from London every day and it shows. It's very rare for *any* pizza establishment in Ireland to make their bases fresh on the spot.

As for the chains? Apache and Godfather's are odious.

Four Star are ok, but I have to bedrudgingly admit that Dominos are pretty good for what they do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Apache=Muck.Meaty Mizzoni is heavenly.Best sit-down pizza in Dublin is Independent Pizza in Drumcondra closely followed by Pizza Stop across from Bruxelles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Visit dominos.ie Make your own from scratch and add every meat topping.
    Get the thick crust or it can't support the meat.
    Costs the same as any thing else on the menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Papa Johns & Di Fontaines

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

It's very rare for *any* pizza establishment in Ireland to make their bases fresh on the spot.

Da vincis in leixlip, they make it all from scratch. You can even get herbal oils on them, soooooooo good think i might ge one now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

The Bollox wrote:
    ok, brothers, which fast food pizza joint do you prefer? I used to be an Apache man, but recently I have discovered the amazing Meateor from Domino's! my god, it's fúcking brilliant! 4 or 5 kinds of meat and a bbq sauce base. wow! anyway where do you get your pizza from?

Thanks for the complement mate, I invented the Dominoes Meateor. Ive been working there a year now and I ordered that very pizza as my staff meal on my first day, gave a slice to my manager.... 9 months later out comes the Meateor and the rest is history.

Not a word of bull**** fellows.

Godfathers if at home but the all day breakfast pizza in the Porterhouse is quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,321 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I once had an Irish Pizza in Clonakilty. Just a plain pizza with a full Irish on it.

Advertisement