Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ok stupid question about engine

Options
  • 17-05-2007 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys

I have a Fiat Punto 2004 1.2 engine, but my question is the following when I start the car for some reason the rev meter starts fluctuating to 10rpm and it sounds like the engine is stuttering can anyone tell me what this could be , it just that it doesn't seem right. Note I havent my foot on either the Accelerator nor Clutch.

Appreciate any advice guys.

Will

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Sounds like the mix is a bit rich... Any mechanic would be able to adjust that..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

What does the mix being a bit rich mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Willstev wrote:
    What does the mix being a bit rich mean?
    It means that the ratio between the air let in and the petrol let into the engine is adjusted wrong... then again it could also be something to do with the choak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Just means your injector is putting too much petrol into the engine relative to the amount of air. It may be a sensor of some sort, possibly the lamba sensor(exhaust) or air flow sensor? Either should be an easy job to replace if they are broken so its nothing major. Take it to a local mechanic and maybe he could adjust the mixture at idle to prevent it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Cheers guys for the advice, I will get along to the mechanic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement