Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport to Limerick on a Friday Evening, journey time?

Options
  • 17-05-2007 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Any idea of how long I should expect a Dublin (Airport) - Limerick drive to take on a Friday evening leaving about 5pm (could I possibly hit a worse time?!). I guess the difficult strech is Airport, toll bridge and red cow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

On a non bank holiday weekend, once you're past the red cow, you're flying. Probably about 2 hours from the red cow to the Limerick ring road.

I'm not sure what the M50 is like on a Friday evening. It would probably take about 45 mins to get from the airport to the Red cow on a normal evening I reckon. Maybe leave about 90 mins to be on the safe side?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Stark, your pushing it with two hours to Limerick on a Friday evening, I'd allow 2 1/2 hours from Red Cow at least. As to getting from Dublin Airport to Red Cow, OP, you need to allow an hour but expect longer, possibly even two hours at the worst.

May I suggest to you to try hold off leaving the airport till about 6:30PM if you can, that way the worst of the traffic will be easing off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Did you consider a commuter flight to shannon.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

Thanks for your replies. Must have been a good evening; leaving at 4.30pm, 50 minutes to the red cow, another 2:10 to Limerick (sticking to the limits).. most frustrating part was probably onto Killarney meeting convoy after convoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭A Random Walk

embraer170 wrote:
    most frustrating part was probably onto Killarney meeting convoy after convoy.
    I find a trip to Limerick is much faster if I don't go via Killarney ;)

• Advertisement

Ah you know what I meant :).
    Killarney after...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

embraer170 wrote:
    meeting convoy after convoy.
    So the convoys were going in the opposite direction? How did that affect your trip? :D

:)

Advertisement