Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Checking UK car history ?

Options
  • 16-05-2007 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any sites for checking the history of a UK car ?
    I know you can go to HPIcheck.co.uk but their reports are £30stg whereas you can buy reports through eBay for 6.99

Anyone know where the cheapest place is to buy a report for a Uk car (after all they're all a standard report).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Hot sure of the price but the AA and RAC will both look after you also...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Hot sure of the price but the AA and RAC will both look after you also...

24.99 and 29.99 respectively.

I'm buying the car outside of eBay and it seems you can only buy reports through them for cars they're selling but it's a pain as their reports as so cheap and come straight from hpicheck who themselves charge 29.99 !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

STG£30 is well worth paying. You get a guarantee that the info is correct amd money back if it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

STG£30 is well worth paying. You get a guarantee that the info is correct amd money back if it isn't.

You get your 30 quid stg back if the info isn't correct.....I should bloody well hope so !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

i have used https://www.mycarcheck.com/ its good value at £9.95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You get your 30 quid stg back if the info isn't correct.....I should bloody well hope so !
    That's not what he said.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,205 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

£30 is a very small price to pay for reassurance and peace of mind when spending thousands on a new motor.

Advertisement