Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinion on cost of 2005 car !

Options
  • 16-05-2007 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

hey,

i've been looking for a toyota corolla, and just came across this. It's not on web just yet, so cant give a pic.

2005, toyota corolla, 60,000 km
    1.4 vvti engine
    black leather seats
    electric windows front and back
    electric sunroof
    built in sat nav, and 6 disc cd changer
    air con
    side skirts and rear spoiler
    front fog lights

guy looking for €20,000......... what ye think ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,237 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

scuby wrote:
    guy looking for €20,000......... what ye think ?

He must be joking? :confused:

you can buy a brand new Auris / Corolla for less than that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

the brand new 1.4vvti saloon starts at €20790

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭scuby

was thinking that, but it has all the extra's that you could possibly put into it, all factory fit, if you were to get leather seats put in, it costs about 2,000, so all the little extras would add up...........hmmm not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

unkel wrote:
    He must be joking? :confused:

you can buy a brand new Auris / Corolla for less than that...

He's obviously trying to make back some of what he spent on extras though. Factory fit sat nav is probably around a €2k option. Leather is probably another €1.5k. I'd imagine sunroofs and the like are a pricey enough option.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

hes rippin the mick. doesnt matter what sat nav or stereo gubbins is in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i'd have to agree, doesnt matter what extras there is 20k is still too much, i wouldnt offer more than 18k

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

draffodx wrote:
    i'd have to agree, doesnt matter what extras there is 20k is still too much, i wouldnt offer more than 18k
    I'm not too up on Corolla values, but that still sounds like an awful lot to me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

AFAIK when you trade in a car at the garage , the extras have near as damn it nothing to do with the "black book" value of the car. i'd skip on it ,get a cheaper one and in time add the extras myself. but in such a way as i could take them out and carry them forward to the next car.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,446 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We solf a similar one for more earlier in the year. It's called a Corolla Sol. The extras it gets are as follows:
    15" Alloy Wheels, Front Foglights, Leather interior, Curtain Airbags, Electric Rear Windows, Factory Satnav, Electric Sunrof, Climate Control.

They don't come with sude skirts or a spoiler as standard, these were extra.

If you like the extras, then it's arguable that it's worth it, people pay over the odds for Golf Sportlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The only extra i'd place a value on is leather interior.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    We solf a similar one for more earlier in the year. It's called a Corolla Sol. The extras it gets are as follows:
    15" Alloy Wheels, Front Foglights, Leather interior, Curtain Airbags, Electric Rear Windows, Factory Satnav, Electric Sunrof, Climate Control.

They don't come with sude skirts or a spoiler as standard, these were extra.

If you like the extras, then it's arguable that it's worth it, people pay over the odds for Golf Sportlines.

soundslike the one alright, it does have the rear electric windows, i know i will never use them when i'm driving...before someone says it !!

it does have the air bags at the side of the seats as well, the radio/sat nav/cd changer are the one unit, and it can take cd updates to the sat nav as well. it has a full service history through a local toyota garage and was originally bought there. just looking through carzone etc to check out the prices and it is a little expensive, but i'm sill not sure what i'll do.....

keep the replies coming, thanks for all comments so far....

There won't be any comparable models on Carzone though. The nearest you'll get is the Luna-06 spec. This loses the curtain airbags, the sunroof, leather, and SatNav, but gains side and rear skirts.

Depends on how long you want to keep the car for really, If I was looking to keep such a car for 5 years or so, I could justify the extra cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If you are intersted then have a look and a drive then make him a tough offer - say 16 grand and when he baulks just give him your number and ask him to phone if he does'nt get a better offer.

Mike.

These cars do have a following though, We had a lot of interest in ours, and it was sold within days of it coming in.

Those yokes were special order, and I'm guessing that there were only 10 or so sold in 2005.

i would be keeping the car for the long term alright, had my last corolla hatch for 6 years or more, never had to spend a penny on it apart from a service and a few tires....

going to try and decide by tomorow, so will let ya know how it goes !

colm_mcm wrote:
    These cars do have a following though, We had a lot of interest in ours, and it was sold within days of it coming in.

Those yokes were special order, and I'm guessing that there were only 10 or so sold in 2005.

was talking to a sales guy the other day and he said the same, that only one or two come along every so often and they sell straight away....

goona try and bargain, but if someone else comes in for the asking thats curtains for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Try and bargain with him if you like the car but if you want to spend 20k then go for a new one.

20 grand will only get you a Terra model Auris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

colm_mcm wrote:
    20 grand will only get you a Terra model Auris
    Might only be a terra, but it'll be brand spanking new, in a colour he wants, and with the full 3yr warantee. in a few months, this car will be out of cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,205 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would not pay more than €19k for that Corolla. Even though it is a high spec rare model this will only make it easier to sell but hardly increase it's value by much. 60k km is a bit above average mileage too for a 2 year old one too.

And even at that if you can get a brand new Auris for €20k I would go for that. 2 years newer with zero miles, newer safer model and 3 years warranty. In 5 years time it will be worth more than a then 7 year old Corolla.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote:
    high spec rare model this will only make it easier to sell but hardly increase it's value

That's the golden rule when buying any second hand car
    Stekelly wrote:
    Factory fit sat nav is probably around a €2k option

I haven't a clue how much it is / was as an option, but it will depreciate by about 90% before the ink of the signature on the contract is dried. And then, a fully up to date sat nav system can now be had brand new for little for than €200

Leather is nice though, but still uncommon in a small family hatch. Hard to put a value on it really

colm_mcm wrote:

Yes indeed. Ultimately it's all about supply & demand. If people are willing to pay over the odds for second hand Golfs or Corollas, who am I to say they are not worth it? Obviously they are worth it!

unkel wrote:
    I haven't a clue how much it is / was as an option, but it will depreciate by about 90% before the ink of the signature on the contract is dried. And then, a fully up to date sat nav system can now be had brand new for little for than €200

Leather is nice though, but still uncommon in a small family hatch. Hard to put a value on it really

The Sol model was 27K if I remember correctly. or 6K more than a standard model.

Advertisement