Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'07 Mini Cooper question (one for Ned)

Options
  • 16-05-2007 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭

Sis in law just traded her old Mini One for a new Mini Cooper. She says one thing she misses most about the old car is how the doors automatically locked once she started driving. I know on most (or all) other BMWs you can have this feature, and many others programmed onto the keys. The salesperson told her this couldn't be done on the new car. Is this a typical case of sales ignorance or have BMW done another of their rounds of de-contenting, as I believe it's known, saving money by removing standard features from cars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Not 100% sure about the Minis, but I know it's a programmable feature on a lot of makes and models. It's a feature that is not always activated at factory level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I know that most models of BMW can have this reprogrammed to do this. It's not a big job with the diagnostics software. The dealer should be able to do it. It would seem odd that they would make it available on the previous model and not the current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

just bought a new mini cooper myself...... you can programme this function through the onboard computer..... maxwell's had it already done for me but i've also seen it in the manual.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You can do it yourself, using the BC button at the end of the indicator stalk, and when the car is parked, go to the icon with the key and the correct tick, you can set the door to lock automatically at 12mph in there.

Advertisement