Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

S/S Sports manifold

Options
  • 16-05-2007 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hey I have a stainless steel sports exhaust manifold , it will be going on a
    B18C honda vtec engine.

Any idea of the realistic power gains? will i notice the difference?

Does anyone have one on their car and whats the verdict?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Is it a 4/1 or 4/2/1 you got?

If you have a chance fly down to westward engineering in enfield and get the car rolling roaded than get it ran again once fitted,people will quote gains of 6,8,10,15 bhp increases but in most cases its hearsay wheras the two power runs will give you a definite answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

is the rest of your intake and exhaust system standard?
    if so id say your talking bout 4Whp,

but like eireal said if you really want to know rolling road it, if you just have the mani the exhaust is going to be your bottleneck opening these up along with a good intake will help you get some more out of it.

check out www.jdmuniverse.com for some tips on how to get alot more from your B18c, look me up if ya decide to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Projectgtr thanks for the link, looks like a great site.

Eireal, how much does it cost to get it on the rolling road? ..(and how far in advance do u have to book , or can you just drive up?)

I think its a 4-1 (does it make much difference if it is a 4-1 or 4-2-1 ??)

...quoted power gains are +15bhp but id say thats a tad optimistic.

Ive a K&N Airfilter , and just a standard exhaust (lookin to get a de-cat after my NCT)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Its 60euro for a power run,he'l also give you an overview of how the cars running and what can be done tuning wise or where your loosing power ect,your better off ringing to book but he normally fits you in within a day or so.

4/1's from what ive seen on honda's here havnt come reccomended due to them being more suited for high end power and abit of a torque killer(which is where hondas lack to being with) The may feel the same lower down the revs but there *should* be an increase around vtec.

4/2/1 is more suited for low end power so torque and bhp is normally gained from them on civics so there a more popular choice over the 4/1.

Id be worried about you only seeing a small increase due to the rest of the system being stock,like project gtr said its going to be a bottle neck once it gets past your cat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Unless you're building a track car, you're probably better going for a 4-2-1 manifold. 4-1 manifolds can also be harder to fit in certain Hondas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Ah crap , Cheers for all the info but i already bought the 4-1 :(

Reckon, I should sell it and source a 4-2-1 ?

edit: I also plan on gettin 'Skunk2' , stage 2 cams (along with valve springs and retainers) .. so would the 4-1 be better suited with those mods or would a 4-2-1 still be a better option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

If it fits use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

no prob

just to give you an idea of what gains you could be looking at, modifed mag (the best in my opinion) dyno`d`their ITR after adding an AEM cold air intake that gained them +5WHP and +2TQ, then added the DC sports cat back exhaust and gained an extra +4WHP and +2TQ id say your looking at similar gains if your using similar quaility parts.

doesnt sound like much, but they said the car felt much better through the RPM range.

hope this helps a bit

Damn i cant wait to start modding my car:mad:

Advertisement