Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danielle Lloyd

Options
  • 16-05-2007 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Can someone explain to me why the press no longer hate her for being racist on Celebrity BB? It makes no sense to me and I hate seeing her face plastered everywhere. I really don't care that she has new fake breasts. Or that she keeps getting attacked in nightclubs. Or who she's dating. And yet, I know all of this because she's front page news ALL the time! Just don't understand why she's still liked and some of the other racists from celeb BB are still hated? Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

because she sells papers. It's as simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Yes, but curious as to why she sells papers? For example, I haven't bought the latest issue of one magazine that I usually buy because she's on the cover and I have no interest in reading about her. Just wondering if I'm unique amongst celeb gossip lovers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭theKED

Tut, tut girls. Jealousy will get ye no where.
    She has the complete package - brains, looks, personality.

Would ye all like to look like this girls danielle_lloyd_101554_7.jpg

Yes, that's it. I'm jealous... not!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

theKED wrote:

Brains? Are you serious?! You must not have watched much of celeb big brother. Personality? The whole time she was in that house she was too caught up in herself for anyone to see any personality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i think most of her publicity recently was because she split with teddy sherringham and that she had breast cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

The answer lies in the 2 minute attention-span that exists in the vacuous empty space that is called a brain in the type of people who buy tabloids and celebrity magazines.

"Celebrity BB was like, soo long ago, like, I'm like soo sure, she's changed since then."

She has a face and body that sells magazines to...
    a) a lot of guys
    b) wannabe WAGS
    c) generally impressionable young girls

Sales figures count for everything in the print media, if they could sell magazines with pictures of painted walls drying then the shelves would be full of those magazines.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against people who follow celebrity culture (I keep an eye out myself these days) but there are a lot of brainless people out there who are impressed by Danielle Lloyd and her lifestyle/body.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

I have no interest in reading about her.

Then why start a thread dedicated to her?

Irish Wolf wrote:
    Venting anger and frustration I imagine and also hoping for the good of humanity that she's not the only one out there who feels this way :D

Sure, it smacks of needing validation but I too sometimes wonder am I the only person who finds the fascintaion with certain 'celebrities' bewildering. The constant media coverage buys into an opinon that you can act and behave like Danielle Lloyd and still be successful and remain so without consequence for your actions. The same goes for Pete Doherty. If he wasn't who he was he'd be languishing in jail with any other number of heroin addicts.

Irish Wolf wrote:

Well, I thought Celebrity and Showbiz could do with some more discussions! And this has been bugging me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭theKED

Bugging you? why?
    Because she's got the perfect face, body, breasts and bank account?

I hate it when girls are jealous of other successful women.
    (Posh Spice, Paris Hilton, Kate Moss, Brenda Gilsen, Charlotte Church)
    What ever happened to women power!
    Don' t you realise she's exploiting all her assets being on the cover of all these magazines. $$$$$

She's having the last laugh - why can't you be happy for her :)

Live and let live. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

theKED wrote:

Brenda Gilsen, Is she a sister of Glenda Gilsen ?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

theKED wrote:
    Bugging you? why?
    Because she's got the perfect face, body, breasts and bank account?

What ever happened to women power!
    Don' t you realise she's exploiting all her assets being on the cover of all these magazines. $$$$$

She's having the last laugh - why can't you be happy for her :)

Live and let live. :)

Yeh she has fantastic looks and body etc, no one is denying that but there's not much going on upstairs as far as I have seen.
    Honestly, we're not jealous of her success. She just get's more media attention than she deserves.
    In big brother she was two faced, bitchy, self absorbed and just plain annoying! She followed whatever Jade did and did everything she could to be one of the Jade gang. Including playing a part in bullying Shilpa.
    But being a guy, you presumably see past all of this because she has nice boobs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

Can someone explain to me why the press no longer hate her for being racist on Celebrity BB?

I think the press are happy to have her on the cover for sales, I think it's as simple as that. You are one person who has the brains not to buy anything with her on the cover because of how you feel about her, but there are 1,000,000s that couldn't care less and will buy regardless. Also, men's mags make up a lot of the revenue and at the end of the day, the above attached picture speaks volumes about why she still features.
    Just don't understand why she's still liked and some of the other racists from celeb BB are still hated?

Because... "she was the young, beautiful, gullible girl who just got sucked in by two hags who should have known better. They were bad to the core but she had the potential to learn from her mistakes and become a better person." --- This, I believe, was the public majority view on it and does explain her continuing popularity with some people...

Neither of the other two showed nice sides of their personalities whereas she was very likeable at the start and the one that people were most shocked to see acting in the way she did in there, as a result, she was the most likely to recover from it. That was always the case.
    theKED wrote:

I've no problem saying someone is good looking, deserves their success or whatever, but when a girl speaks about a female celeb in a negative way, men are always waiting in the wings with the 'jealousy' card!!!

We hate that!!!

I do know women who are genuinely jealous of all female celebs and criticise left right and centre. That annoys me, but we're not all like that and I, like the OP, should be allowed to criticise a celeb without being accused of jealousy!!!!!!!!!! You don't know what the OP looks like either, she could be a stunner with loads of cash and a great career with no reason to be jealous!

In this case, I think the OP is not jealous but genuinely wondering why this girl, who was only recently branded a racist, is splashed all over the mags/papers - in fact, she gets more column inches now than she did before. It's a valid question!

... but when a girl speaks about a female celeb in a negative way, men are always waiting in the wings with the 'jealousy' card!!!
    I think you mean 'some' men are waiting...
    I do know women who are genuinely jealous of all female celebs and criticise left right and centre. That annoys me, but we're not all like that

I do know some men who play the 'women are jealous' card. That annoys me, but we're not all like that. ')
    In this case, I think the OP is not jealous but genuinely wondering why this girl, who was only recently branded a racist, is splashed all over the mags/papers - in fact, she gets more column inches now than she did before. It's a valid question!

Agreed 100% :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

r3nu4l wrote:
    I think you mean 'some' men are waiting...

Indeed I did :D

r3nu4l wrote:
    I do know some men who play the 'women are jealous' card. That annoys me, but we're not all like that. ')

Point taken ;)

You're spot on there! I'm not jealous at all. There's plenty of female celebs who I like and admire - and think they look really hot! And I'm happy enough with how I look. Only thing I'd be slightly envious of would be the bank balance but then again, that could change on Friday if my euro millions numbers come up. Surely a woman can be critical of another woman without being branded jealous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

she just annoys me,shes saying she has cancer now to get attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Just don't understand why she's still liked and some of the other racists from celeb BB are still hated? Any ideas?

1. She had the advantage of being able to play the 'baby of the group/impressionable/led astray/didn't know any better' role afterwards.
    2. There's more public interest in her situation because of how her relationship with Sheringham panned out and her desperation to cling on to her 'WAG' status whilst proclaiming she'll never date another footballer.
    3. Quite simply, she's better looking than the other two. Perhaps I'm being unfair but I just can't imagine a picture like the one theKED posted of Jade Goody or Jo O'Meara in the same state of semi-undress selling as many tabloids or mens' mags.

And on top of all this, she's seems to have a much better PR team behind her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Shes hot

With big baps

And a filthy scouser accent

I couldnt give a sh1te if she made an appearance at a Johnny Adair court case fundraiser, I still would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Can someone explain to me why the press no longer hate her for being racist on Celebrity BB? It makes no sense to me and I hate seeing her face plastered everywhere. I really don't care that she has new fake breasts. Or that she keeps getting attacked in nightclubs. Or who she's dating. And yet, I know all of this because she's front page news ALL the time! Just don't understand why she's still liked and some of the other racists from celeb BB are still hated? Any ideas?

I've noticed that she's on the front of the Daily Star just about every day. I think the coverage she gets (or lack of coverage ;) ) would be excessive even if she hadn't been guilty of bullying and/or racism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 geishagirl

theKED wrote:

I have to say I think there is a fair amount of airbrushing going on there! Either that or it's an old picture because check this recent picture out....satin, WHY?
    http://showbiz.sky.com/showbiz/picture_gallery/0,,50001-1249710,00.html

geishagirl wrote:
    I have to say I think there is a fair amount of airbrushing going on there! Either that or it's an old picture because check this recent picture out....satin, WHY?
    http://showbiz.sky.com/showbiz/picture_gallery/0,,50001-1249710,00.html

I know I shouldn't, but I love pictures like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

She was nicer looking before she got her fake titties, i hate fake titties. What was wrong with her original titties?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Andy-Pandy wrote:
    She was nicer looking before she got her fake titties, i hate fake titties. What was wrong with her original titties?

you just love to type the word 'titties' don't you..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

when someones LAtest relationshi break-up is certain papers front page news its a sad world....

What the Fook Is Glenda Gilen famous for? Danielle Lloyd is Beautiful But if Gilsen is such a great model then anyone can be a model. people only know Katies french since she broke up with her Bloke. Paris Hilton is famous for nothing....and another minger in my opinion. lol. i said it in another thread i think but the papers that have all that crap in them are only Rags anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

DonalN wrote:
    you just love to type the word 'titties' don't you..?
    Lol...

Advertisement