Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brabus unveil their new mad-Mercedes

Options
  • 16-05-2007 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Just thought you guys might be interested in this.

Brabus have yet again gone tuning mad with their new super-Merc. Using the CL600 model as a baseline they have strapped in the engine from the Brabus Rocket and created the Brabus SV12 S Biturbo.

This genetically modified Merc puts out 730 bhp at 5,100 rpm and has a peak torque of 1,230 Nm – which is electronically limited to 1,100 Nm at 2,100 rpm. This allows the Brabus SV12 S coupe to reach 62mph from a standstill in 4.0 seconds, 120mph in under 12 seconds and keeps on going to an electronically limited top speed of 211mph.

Brabus are claiming this is one of the fastest Gran Turismo cars in the world – let alone one of the most powerful - and to achieve these records the engineers have had to fit four special camshafts, bore out the cylinders, add a custom crankshaft with a longer stroke and custom make the cylinder heads.
    A modified five-speed automatic is fitted to the car – along with an optional locking differential – to help the car transfer the power to the road through its rear wheels. Externally a new front bumper has been developed in the wind tunnel to reduce the lift on the front axle and help the cooling of the engine and front brakes - which at these speeds you would hope work.
    http://www.brabus.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

OMFG, OMFG,

Have they put under-car LED's onto it.....

<<<<<<<<< SKANGERS >>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm sure it's a great drive, but it's a long way from the understated elegance of a W124 500E. Or am I just getting old, I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Anan1 wrote:
    I'm sure it's a great drive, but it's a long way from the understated elegance of a W124 500E. Or am I just getting old, I wonder?

You are just getting old.This is over 700 bhp its looks beautiful.But still i would prefer the brabus SLR :)

Advertisement