Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Available] Large Double Room Crumlin

Options
  • 16-05-2007 1:54pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a couple to share a house in Crumlin Village, the room is a large bright airy double room, loads of space, there is also a box room for storage.

The house has wooden floors throughout, large kitchen, wireless broadband, NTL digital, gas heating, all mod cons, and is close to shops/ bus stops etc.

Rent is 800 pm + bills.

Available to view immediately, available to move in 1st June.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭babytooth

may i offer the suggestion of you lowering your rent amount.
    Your about 300 euro's over the top,
    You won't find anyone at this price.

check out daft....going rate is about 400 to 500 for that part of dublin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Babytooth- there are plenty of doublerooms available in Crumlin at considerably more than you are suggesting . Silverfish has also posted her room on Daft- if she decides that she needs to lower her asking price, she can make that decision herself in due course.

S.

smccarrick wrote:
    Babytooth- there are plenty of doublerooms available in Crumlin at considerably more than you are suggesting . Silverfish has also posted her room on Daft- if she decides that she needs to lower her asking price, she can make that decision herself in due course.

S.

Of course its ture that she can choose her own price. I would think that the fact that she is looking to rent a room would indicate that she is entering a free market. Free markets work to drive prices into equilibrium
    I take you point on the other properties available in Crumlin.

There is 16 double rooms on offer, the average price being 526.25 euro, with a standard deviaiton of 125. This would place this room more than 2 std. deviations above the mean. With the next nearest house priced at 655.

The reason i mentioned the price is that it seems somewhat excessive given the market availability. I am just trying to make a suggestion to help her find a tennant.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Tnks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

So, I charge them 500 for the larger room and I pay 800 myself?

No, doesn't work. 1300 a month rent. Two double rooms. Couple sharing double room get extra storage space. It still works out better for them than an apartment both rent and space-wise.

Most of the double rooms on Daft are actually referring to the size of the room, not the number of people that can live in it, most are only for one person.
    The current occupants of the room are paying 800pm, the rent was increased and I took the rent increase on for myself alone, and am not passing it on to the next occupants.

Seems like I'm being fair enough.

Silverfish wrote:

No, doesn't work. 1300 a month rent. Two double rooms. Couple sharing double room get extra storage space. It still works out better for them than an apartment both rent and space-wise.

Most of the double rooms on Daft are actually referring to the size of the room, not the number of people that can live in it, most are only for one person.
    The current occupants of the room are paying 800pm, the rent was increased and I took the rent increase on for myself alone, and am not passing it on to the next occupants.

put it down as 400 per person, most ppl will see the face price and just move on, thats why i orignally thought the price was abit much....most ppl sort the results by price..and this will drop to the bottom..

i can imagine its hard finding a couple, can imagine that most couples prefer being in on their own...

anyhow, best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Silverfish wrote:

So at €800 pm your annual rent intake is over the rent a room allowance, I presume your declaring this to the taxman :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Behave.

Silverfish is renting a room and storage in her house.
    Ask her questions about it here if you like.
    Offtopic or unhelpful advice will result in bannings (this is the only warning).

S.

Advertisement