Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented Accommodation

Options
  • 16-05-2007 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

when they give preference to non smokers..would people tend to say "no im a non smoker" , when they do smoke, thinking they will then get the place and puff away in their new place?

is it done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I have never come accross anyone who did that. If they did and started smoking when they moved in i would evict them immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Well, you'd be stuck with them for 35 days. Their deposit should more than cover the cost of having the carpets and upholstry cleaned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I've been in places that are inhabited by smokers and the smell hangs in the air, sticks to clothes etc. Very hard to hide the evidence of that IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Igy wrote:
    Well, you'd be stuck with them for 35 days. Their deposit should more than cover the cost of having the carpets and upholstry cleaned :)

28 days as they've been there less than 6 months!
    Although i think i'd argue for this:

"The landlord may terminate a Part 4 tenancy with 7 days notice on the grounds of the tenants’ anti-social behaviour."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

BC wrote:
    28 days as they've been there less than 6 months!
    Although i think i'd argue for this:

"The landlord may terminate a Part 4 tenancy with 7 days notice on the grounds of the tenants’ anti-social behaviour."

Why they be under a Part 4 tenancy?
    Surely they have a proper lease?

(Or am i misinterpretting what a Part 4 tenancy is?)

• Advertisement
Advertisement