Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I enjoyed last nights 'woman tv' line up.

Options
  • 16-05-2007 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭

Long time reader, first time poster in here .....

Last night on TV. 'Men In Trees' , 'Desperate Housewives' AND 'Grey's Anatomy'.

I must confess, it was the most relaxing three hours I've had in weeks... Tuesday night on the box is fairly rubbish IMO , so wasn't too worried about the TV being taken over. I was actually delighted (after the initial shock) with the 'woman tv' line up.

Got home about 7 , there wasn't enough time for her to make proper dinner. So a pizza was in order. Followed by 6 bottles of Stella Artois , followed by much peace and quiet all night. I read The Sun without any interruption. Got no nagging for opening another bottle (the only disadvantage was that I was forced to get it myself) I spent 3 full hours with peace and quiet. The only occasional sounds were aaaah and ooooh and the odd prediction of who will shag who etc.

Overall... you should try letting her have the TV every once in a while. It's worth it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Desperate Housewives is great for a bit of scandal, regardless of how fake it is

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You may indeed be a bollox, but you're no doctor sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

The Bollox wrote:
    Desperate Housewives is great for a bit of scandal, regardless of how fake it is

And Terri Hatcher and Eva Longoria are hotties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I had "How to look good naked" on at 8.

At the sight of a late sixties woman in the nip, I headed into the other room to play the xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I had "How to look good naked" on at 8.

At the sight of a late sixties woman in the nip, I headed into the other room to play the xbox.

I've never heard anyone refering to their genitals as an 'xbox'

It may be worth watching 'men in trees' from a purely anthropological perspective. From what I've gathered from the ads, it seems to be one of those quasi self help programs where the lead character dispenses aphorisms and nuggets of advice after going through some kind of emotional episode during the show (like they do in Scrubs...sometimes in life, we have to...blah blah). The difference between this advice and the scrubs advice is that women will take it very very seriously.

If we can find out what kind of toss is being dispensed by this program perhaps we can gain some insights into how wimmins think. More importantly, we have to be aware of any dangerous ideas being pepetuated: "sometimes in life, we have to empower ourselves, so when a man asks you to get a beer from the fridge, just say no" and "sometimes in life, second-best isn't good enough, so forget about those bald guys and you go girl!"

I think we should nominate someone from this forum to sit through and monitor this s***efest every week - elviscostello, I think you'd be perfectly suited to the role. In fact, this can be your initiation; it would be a perfect way to show your loyalty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement