Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in East Point Business Park

Options
  • 16-05-2007 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

I am applying for a job that's based in East Point, just wondering is there free car parking facilities available? Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I am applying for a job that's based in East Point, just wondering is there free car parking facilities available? Thanks.

Hi, there's free parking but it is only available if you have the east point sticker on your windscreen. You can apply for those but it takes ages to get them in my experience. You should get the dart to clontarf rd if you can. They provide a free feeder bus service from there to the business park.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,885 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

depends who you'll be working for - some companies give stickers to anyone who applies and the spaces are then first come, first served. if you don't get a space you have to go off and find somewhere else (which is tricky).

other companies allocate stickers based on seniority.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

From what I remember from my time out there, the parking is per company - I don't know if there are (m)any common spots. I never had a problem parking there, but our staff levels weren't too high. Somewhere like eircom can be an absolute disaster (or was, back then). It would be very common to see cars double and triple parked, so people could be a while getting their car out in the evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Thanks guys, suppose i'll ring the hR department of the company and ask them. If I was stuck tho my uncle has a house on mount prospect avenue in clontarf I could park, would it be much of a walk? #Don't really know the area that well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 justhim

In east point parking allocation is on a building basis, each company gets a number of spaces. As elvis said they do issue east point stickers to companies and this can, depending on the company take time to get. All it means though is on your way in to the park you'll be stopped everytime and asked where your going. Not to much of an inconvience. As far as parking goes there is also an over flow carpark in the estate so if the companies allocation is full there'd be parking there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thanks guys, suppose i'll ring the hR department of the company and ask them. If I was stuck tho my uncle has a house on mount prospect avenue in clontarf I could park, would it be much of a walk? #Don't really know the area that well.

If the dart isn't handy for you, at least one bus stops right outside the train station, from where you can hop on the free feeder bus to the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

justhim wrote: »
    In east point parking allocation is on a building basis, each company gets a number of spaces. As elvis said they do issue east point stickers to companies and this can, depending on the company take time to get. All it means though is on your way in to the park you'll be stopped everytime and asked where your going. Not to much of an inconvience. As far as parking goes there is also an over flow carpark in the estate so if the companies allocation is full there'd be parking there.
    where is this overflow parking you speak of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

tba wrote: »
    where is this overflow parking you speak of?

AFAIK the did away with the overflow car park about 4 years ago when the tunnel was being built. East point is a bit awkward when it comes to parking there is some free parking near the Dart station but it is a fair walk from there and the bus can be longer sometimes. Best not drive there if you can avoid it because you would probably be way down the park space list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

you can park in the dart station for €2 per day and then get the free feeder bus into Eastpoint. If you are working nights then just tell the guys on security and they will let you park outside normal office hours no prob.

Is the job with Conduit? if so they are picky about giving out permits and moan about people parking at night without a permit - which is daft cos the buildings on either side are empty and there is construction parking so loads of available spaces! Also people doing night shift aren't harming anyone as the car park is empty then anyway! not like you are taking someone else's spot?

chat with the lads on security - they will put you wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

you can park in the dart station for €2 per day and then get the free feeder bus into Eastpoint. If you are working nights then just tell the guys on security and they will let you park outside normal office hours no prob.

The carpark at the Dart will be full very early in the morning. Using the DART and the feeder bus is probably one of the best ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

y

The security guys are the ones that complain to each company and slap those annoying do not park here stickers that are almost impossible to remove! They went mad last week when a contractor we had in was parked in at some other building. OP its down to the company you work for and in our place what your position is - being a VIP i got one instantly :pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

Is the job with Conduit? if so they are picky about giving out permits and moan about people parking at night without a permit - which is daft cos the buildings on either side are empty and there is construction parking so loads of available spaces! Also people doing night shift aren't harming anyone as the car park is empty then anyway! not like you are taking someone else's spot?

job with conduit, god I remember getting my brains fried there for Orange

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

c4cat wrote: »
    job with conduit, god I remember getting my brains fried there for Orange

Ditto, many many years ago though!!!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vallnett

Does anyone know if there is a new overflow car park in Eastpoint since the posts above? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Yes, there's an overflow car park located at the tunnel end of the business park, just outside the entrance, in the Molloy and Sherry Yards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jshann

Is it free and is it usually full?

Yes it's free, and yes, it's usually close to full during the day, with drivers starting a nose-to-tail line of cars down the middle once the marked spaces down each side are filled. That said, I've always managed to get a space.

Ok thanks for that :)

Can you actually tell me where exactly it is. I work in Arvato and am not taht familiar with the rest of the park. Also I come in at 8.30 in the morns so would I be gauranteed a place at that time do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I'm contracting out there for a couple of days at the end of this week, are there "visitor" car spaces? I'll only be there or less than an hour each day.

the place is a bit of a mes if I recall correctly. Whats the walk from the train station, and will I be able to get the feeder bus without any work ID, as I don't actually work for any of the places out there! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Skinfull wrote: »
    Whats the walk from the train station, and will I be able to get the feeder bus without any work ID, as I don't actually work for any of the places out there! :confused:

I can't remember now, maybe 10 minutes, it's a nice walk when the weather is nice. You don't need work ID for the feeder bus. I never parked there, but perhaps ask the company you're contracting to about visitor spaces etc., they may be able to sort something out for you.

D.

Skinfull wrote: »
    I'm contracting out there for a couple of days at the end of this week, are there "visitor" car spaces? I'll only be there or less than an hour each day.

the place is a bit of a mes if I recall correctly. Whats the walk from the train station, and will I be able to get the feeder bus without any work ID, as I don't actually work for any of the places out there! :confused:
    You don't need ID to get the shuttle bus. It's about a 10-15 minute walk otherwise, depending on which building you need to get to.

Each company allocates its own visitor parking, there is no "general" visitor parking within the business park. So you'll have to contact whoever you're visiting to see what their arrangements are. Don't be tempted to park in an empty space that you haven't been given permission to park in -- people are regularly stickered for doing that.

Advertisement