Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stereo Installation woes on Hyundai Coupe..Help please!

Options
  • 15-05-2007 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I bought a Sony CDX-GT50UI head unit off Pixmania last week, and tried installing it tonight. Everything was going grand until I tried to reconnect the wiring back together.

The stock radio had two cables connected: the aerial, and then the speaker wiring which was bundled together and joined in a little white plastic thing with connector pins. However the back of the Sony head unit has a completely different connection.

The Hyundai wires have a layout of, on top, 3 pins then a solid bit, then 3 pins. On the bottom, there's 3 pins, then 2 pins, then 3 pins.

The Sony head unit has a 4 bits on top, then 4 bits below.

I have a drawn a crappy illustration of the different bits in Paint if it helps.

What are the names of these cables/connections and is there some kind of converter available? Or have I bought a completely incompatible stereo?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

you need an ISO adaptor to fit the Hyundai cables - should be cheaply available from most motor factors/hyundai dealers.
    What kind of radio was in the Hyundai before? That should have had the requisite adaptor connected to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭cr1spy

It was the standard stock radio/cassette, no brand name on it just 'Hyundai'. And the white plastic with all the cables plugs straight into the back of it.

I'll try and get some pictures tomorrow to help.

PS is this the ISO adaptor I need - http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop/Autoleads-PC2-33-4-PC2334-Hyundai-ISO-Lead_productJJ171ZZcategoryJJ/Accessories/Hyundai/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ah ok. The newer coupes use aftermarket stereos as standard so they have the wiring adaptor with them. That one looks like it should do the trick.

Advertisement