Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Management Company

Options
  • 15-05-2007 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi all, I'm living in a fairly new estate and we are currently setting up a company to handle the mantainence of the green areas etc. (something that was rightly done by the coco in the good auld days)

My question is; should all houseowners contribute to the fees necessary to run the company and if so how would we go about getting those not living in the estate (i.e. those renting there properties out) to pay-up their dues.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

Could you explain your situation a little better?

If your estate doesn't have already have a management company, why don't the county council look after it? I didn't think you could have an in-between situation with no-one looking after it.

If you have to go down the route you descibed, I'd suggest asking people for donations towards a fund and then deciding how to spend the money. Don't promise money to anyone or sign any contracts because you won't know how much money you can take in until you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

What does it say in your lease? No one has to contribute to anything if it isn't covered in the lease.

I think you should talk directly to the local authority. If they say you need a management company and you don't have one already, get a solicitor on board before you go any further. Who actually owns the green spaces at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Its mad when solicitors et al have to get involved when a bit of grass needs cutting :p

I remember when a guy used to go round and collect a couple of quid from each house (if they had it) before he'd cut it, and everyone was delighted with that.

As stated before, you need to check your lease and see whether you should be contributing to a management company, or whether the council should be looking after it. If a management company should be set up then I'd consider it nearly negligent on the part of your developer not to inform you as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It is a bit crazy with solicitors alright. It's fair enough to whip together some money quickly, but to set up something permanent, that definitely needs a bit of help (unless you are familiar with commercial law).

But it is worth finding out who owns what ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The landlord pays not the tenant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement