Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in Howard Shore's Lord of the Rings scores

Options
  • 15-05-2007 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,

It's my first time posting on this site and I hope this is the right place. I was just wondering if there's any fans of the Lord of the Rings film score by Howard Shore out there? Even though the films were released 4 years ago, they're still releasing the complete recordings on cd. I enjoy this music very much and I would like to hear from others who enjoy it too.

Some sites which may be of interest to fans include:
    • Howard Shore's homepage
    • A forum which gets regular updates about the production of the complete recordings by one of the creators (Doug Adams)
    • Main soundtrack site: includes special annoted score booklets for the first two scores which you can download for free
    • A user group on MSN
    • A very comprehensive site on the various themes and motifs used in the score

I'd love to hear about people's favourite tracks and themes. I'd also love to know if anyone has heard the LotR symphony.

All the best,
    ruckus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 E-Dogg

one of the best movie soundtracks ever.

fav themes include the main theme for the fellowship, and the theme for the Rohan, first heard on a solo violin, which was actually an 8th string Norwegian traditional violin.

listen to the 3 film soundtracks regularly.. really brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Yeah love all 3, some great stuff.

I'd love to go to the live symphony if they ever came here.

Advertisement