Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centrino Duo (Santa Rosa)

Options
  • 15-05-2007 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been waiting and waiting for Centrino Duo/Pro laptops to appear and now they are finally here I cannot find anywhere in Ireland to buy them :( Does anyone know where I can get one?

I'm looking for something on this list:
    http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3694

Dell would be my preference but when you actually go into the Latitude D830 the options mentioned on the front page are not there (no Vista, no SSD or H-HDD)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

It may be worth giving Dell a call as it looks like the T7300, T7500, and T7700 are available for the D630 and D830 - it has the 800MHz FSB listed in the spec but its branded on the Dell site as Core Duo rather than Centrino Duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Gegerty wrote:
    Hi,

I've been waiting and waiting for Centrino Duo/Pro laptops to appear and now they are finally here I cannot find anywhere in Ireland to buy them :( Does anyone know where I can get one?

I'm looking for something on this list:
    http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3694

Dell would be my preference but when you actually go into the Latitude D830 the options mentioned on the front page are not there (no Vista, no SSD or H-HDD)

Thanks!

Dell has them up there now (T7700, T7500, etc. as processor options on the D630 and D830). Probably just taking a few days for the manufacturers to get them to market

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I read there was a lackluster launch in the UK last week, with only a handful of manufacturers present.

Based on that alone, I would say they won't be available for a couple of more weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Irish Wolf wrote:
    It may be worth giving Dell a call as it looks like the T7300, T7500, and T7700 are available for the D630 and D830 - it has the 800MHz FSB listed in the spec but its branded on the Dell site as Core Duo rather than Centrino Duo.

Certainly seems like their website is a bit muddled. They have "Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7600 (2.33 GHz) with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M 256MB" as an option in the Hard drice section. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Gegerty wrote:
    Certainly seems like their website is a bit muddled. They have "Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7600 (2.33 GHz) with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M 256MB" as an option in the Hard drice section. :confused:

Good ol Dell ;)

If you go in through the Large Business link then the hard drive options don't show you any processors - but as I said probably best to ring them or you could end up with a "some assembly required" system :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement