Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise me people! ^_^

Options
  • 15-05-2007 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Well this isn't really an 'personal issue' per se, its more advise I'm looking for.

In short, my sister is getting married next month, I've 6 people staying in my place the night before the wedding (coming up from the country bai ;)), so I'm wondering... how the hell will we get to the wedding as none of us drive. I'd imagine a taxi would be a wee bit expensive, Blackrock to Wicklow, any thoughts?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

azezil wrote:
    Well this isn't really an 'personal issue' per se, its more advise I'm looking for.

In short, my sister is getting married next month, I've 6 people staying in my place the night before the wedding (coming up from the country bai ;)), so I'm wondering... how the hell will we get to the wedding as none of us drive. I'd imagine a taxi would be a wee bit expensive, Blackrock to Wicklow, any thoughts?

cheers

Rent a mini van from a private bus company. They will supply a driver as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not a PI.
    How far does the DART go?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Mini bus is the way to go. Could be pricey enough but no more so than a taxi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

azezil wrote:
    Blackrock to Wicklow, any thoughts?

Well hello headlicker. Whereabouts in Wicklow. A friend of a friend operates a mini-bus service from anywhere in Dublin for walkers. No difference really what you are doing. He'll even drop you back.

Let me know and I will find out about rates or give you some numbers.

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

how about the train

Its possible that irish rail may have one, it may even run within an hour or two of when its meant to.

What about the coaches?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭ats

azezil wrote:
    how the hell will we get to the wedding as none of us drive. s

has she not put a bus on to take people from the church to the reception

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Dart to Bray, then the train. There may even be a direct train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Normal train between Wicklow and Dun Laoghaire, a few drinks in the Forty Foot! Then take the Dart a few stops to Blackrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Wicklow Town is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Its not actually on a rail line, the church is in Kilquade and the reception in the Glen of the Downs.

So would be a bus like scenario alright.
    What I was thinking myself was dart to Bray then taxi, but might be handier to just get a mini-bus.

Nice one Kell0rz, I'll drop ya a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Oh Kilquade - that's easy, sort of :)

Get the DART to Greystones, and then a southbound Dublin Bus (84) to Kilcoole and then there may be a walk involved from the Kilcoole road.

Or it could be the 184 bus southbound to Newtown Mt Kennedy and then a short walk from the N11.

Not sure which bus is nearer.

Easier way may be to get a taxi from Greystones Dart station.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

taxi from greystones Dart station is definitely the way to go - check the Region>East>Charlesland\Greystones board for local taxi numbers.

Will cost about €10 and probably the same again from Kilquade church to the Glenview Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

SofaKing wrote:
    Oh Kilquade - that's easy, sort of :)

Get the DART to Greystones, and then a southbound Dublin Bus (84) to Kilcoole and then there may be a walk involved from the Kilcoole road.

Or it could be the 184 bus southbound to Newtown Mt Kennedy and then a short walk from the N11.

Not sure which bus is nearer.

Easier way may be to get a taxi from Greystones Dart station.

I think the 184 walk is shorter, but either way thatd be absolute madness dressed up for a wedding! theyre dirty roads where you practically have to jump into a ditch if theres 2 cars on it.

loyatemu's taxi suggestion makes more sense. with 6 of you a taxi greystones-kilquade could cost you about €4/5 each, definitely should not pay more than about 6-8 per person.

hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Transport21 Fan

For a moment there I thought you were going to say you wanted a "Carbon Neutral" wedding!

I think the mini-bus idea is the best. For a wedding party there is more room and it's more comfortable than a taxi.

Best wishes on the day.

Advertisement