Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Brother knows he's getting old when...

Options
  • 14-05-2007 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

...his life insurance costs more than his motor insurance.

This happened to me this year.

Was almost as depressing as the moment I was queueing up at a checkout, saw some guy on the CCTV monitor in the line with a fairly noticable bald patch at the back of his head. "Poor slaphead" I thought to myself, and when the queue moved foreward I realised I was looking at my own head.

Woe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Ah don't worry about it too much. Head for the pub and drown your sorrows. By the end of the third pint you'll be grand. Look on the brightside - at least the barman won't ask you for ID :D

I often look in the mirror as my hairline recedes quicker than the Antartic Ice in the summer and I just say to myself "Nothing I can or want to do about it". Then I just tell herself to get me a beer and/or make a good old fry up. Tis grand brother, tis grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

saw some guy on the CCTV monitor in the line with a fairly noticable bald patch at the back of his head. "Poor slaphead" I thought to myself, and when the queue moved foreward I realised I was looking at my own head.

Woe.

Just think of it as becomeing more streamlined :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Just think of it as becomeing more streamlined :D
    I like to think that the shift weight off the top of my head and onto my gut lowers my centre of gravity making me more agile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

.....when you dont need to dabble in drugs anymore, bacause getting up out of a chair quickly gives you an even better rush

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

when you go out on a friday night and get home at 6am and have to sleep until 3.30pm and then cant make it to a drug fuel party on saturday night......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

...when he goes out the first Friday in the month and spends all his pension money getting wasted and has nothing left for the next 3 weeks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

when clothing (in the 17-23 age group) gives you and your mates a bit of a laugh*

*conveniently forgetting the sh@t you all wore in the 80's

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

stovelid wrote:
    when clothing (in the 17-23 age group) gives you and your mates a bit of a laugh*

...when female clothing in the 17-23 age group looks a bit too skimpy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

When you think "She'll freeze to death in that mini.." instead of thinking what she'd be like out of it !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

tom dunne wrote:
    ...when female clothing in the 17-23 age group looks a bit too skimpy.

I thought that only happened when it was your daughter wearing it?

• Advertisement

I thought that only happened when it was your daughter wearing it?
    yeah i've never heard of a man who's been against a mini unless on his daughter /maybe wife

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

yeah i've never heard of a man who's been against a mini unless on his daughter /maybe wife

CSG,

I've been against quite a few minis in my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Or on a woman with legs like those on a snooker table, or a hirsute lady:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Stky10 wrote:
    Or on a woman with legs like those on a snooker table, or a hirsute lady:eek:
    Mini skirts on fat chicks is just so wrong its not funny.

I stopped going to ALDI in Galway because the CCTV at the door shows my baldy patch to the whole shop as I walk in. Not funny, not streamlined, just sad...

'cptr

With the figure for one goes without saying!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

pa trout maintained if you were really old you could fart dust ... or at least cobwebs :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Mini skirts on fat chicks is just so wrong its not funny.

No way man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

trout wrote:
    pa trout maintained if you were really old you could fart dust ... or at least cobwebs :eek:

Once upon a time I had wet dreams and dry farts - I don't remember the point where they swapped over...

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

....when you ask the barber for a short back 'n side and a shine on the top

Advertisement