Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting laptop to HDTV problems.

Options
  • 14-05-2007 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

HI,

I have a Samsung LE40R88BD HDTV & a Advent ERT2250 Laptop running Windows Vista.I am trying to connect bthe 2 together using a 5mtr VGA lead.

The problem im having is when i change the TV source to PC it dispalys no signal and then goes into standby,just briefly before this happens i sometimes can see the windows page displayed.i have tried everything i can think of to resolve the issue but have drawn a blank.We have another laptop in the home it is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro running windows XP,it has no problems connecting to the same tv using the same VGA lead.

Any Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards Paul.

Comments

i dont have vista, but when i connect my laptop to the tv i move the cursor to the middle of the screen or away from any desktop icons, right click and a list appears, got to graphics options and select output to lcd+monitor. hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

some laptops have a hot key combination to switch from using the laptop monitor to using an external monitor. you need to press the function button (fn) which is usualy near the left 'Ctrl' and windows button, and press the monitor button, which will probably be on the f keys, of the number keys. not all laptops have the monitor key though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Lenin

Acer: Fn + F3
    Dell: Fn + F8
    Fujitsu: Fn + F5
    Gateway: Fn + F3
    HP: Fn + F5
    IBM: Fn + F7, Fn + F8, Fn + F1, Fn + F3
    NEC: Fn + F3
    Panasonic: Fn + F2
    Samsung: Fn + F4, Fn + F5 or Fn + F6
    Sharp: Fn + F5
    Sony: Fn + F7
    Toshiba: Fn + F5 or Fn + F7

Make sure the resolution is low on the laptop when youy try first. Some TV's can't handle the high resolution I think...

Advertisement