Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

edinburgh sign larkham

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Good for Scottish rugby, wonder what the people over in the borders think about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I would imagine there are a fair few now ex Borders players who are just thrilled to hear this. I wonder if Leinster could sign Greegan, I doubt it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

I dont think leinster need to sign another scrum half with whitaker, willis ,o donoghue and signing chris keane from connaught. we dont need another finnegan! there was a thread relating to this under leinster signings, i think signing gregan in the twilight of his career would be bad move and wont happen i doubt he will continue to play after RWC and i read somewhere last week that john connolly plans on playing matt gitteau at 9 and gregan prob wont start in world cup

I couldnt see that happening as Giteau hasnt been at scrum half all season. I think he would be wasted there anyway. He is a quality first centre/fly-half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I don't think giving SH players boosts for their pension plans is good for any of the home nations in the long term.

Latham, like all the SH players, is denying a player a chance to prove himself and break into his national team.

I suppose it's a vicious circle now, if CL teams are to compete in the HC, they need foreign players because the top English and French teams started doing it long ago.

• Advertisement

I have a simple solution to solve the Irish provinces problems then, invade Argentina and sign every decent Puma who isn't already playing in France. You never know some of them may have an Irish granny and could then play for Ireland. I'm still waiting for Felipe's long lost third cousin on his daddy's side Mossy Contepomi to spring out of the wood work somewhere in Kerry so Felipe can play for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

GDM wrote:
    You never know some of them may have an Irish granny and could then play for Ireland.

Never mind that - we spent the last three years of the war (and most of the decade after it) giving Irish passports to Nazis so they could relocate to Argentina!

Given the current state of German ruggers, I presume the Reich's best players were amongst them.

Surely it's about time some of these 'Hannes Murphy's should return the favour and sign up to the Irish National team and help us beat the English and French.

How about Irish Americans, they could come in, take over the IRFU and refuse to leave.

Advertisement