Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Somewhere for t-belt change in D6?

Options
  • 14-05-2007 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Anybody care to reccomend somehwere to get the timing belt changed in Dublin 6, in around Rathmines or thereabouts. Also got a ballpark figure? I'm a student so don't want to be spending too much...
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

There are some guys that are very cheap and very good in between Ranelagh and Rathmines. If you were to go along the Ranelagh Road from the canal and take a right turn opposite Northbrook, through an arch, there is a garage mid way up there on the left hand side.

It is a few Iraqi guys working in there. One of them is called Alex. They did a fair bit on my last car and were always cheap although they had to be bargained with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Right found somebody who quoted me a price of €200 maybe a bit more, which I thought was a bit cheap if anything.

Anybody got a ballpark figure of what we'd be talking about? Apparently somebody mentioned something about a water filter and a belt kit rather than just the belt... Make any sense? How much for the lot?

Terrontress - have you a name?

Advertisement