Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs checkpoint on N2

Options
  • 14-05-2007 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

There was a major customs checkpoint on the N2 around 7 a.m. this morning. They were checking cars going south towards Dublin just north of Kilmoon Cross (between Slane & Ashbourne). Possibly looking for ROI residents with NI or foreign registered cars ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

They are often seen on the outskirts of drogheda heading southbound in the early part of the morning,
    They dip trucks, large vans etc for dodgy diesel and as you say for illegally held cars.
    I have met the checkpoint a good few times and get waved through every time, most of the truckers get pulled over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Thet are primarily checking diesel. Now and again there are specific tip off regarding counterfeit goods but I think this morning was a diesel dip

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh they are always there every 6 months or so for a regular check on diesel vechicles, trucks, vans and generally commercial diesels get pulled over while cars are waved through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Also a customs checkpoint beside the former Crosson Motors on the Dublin rd out of Dundalk this afternoon. Dipping for diesel...but I'd say if they found something else to do you for, they would...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Wertz wrote:
    ...but I'd say if they found something else to do you for, they would...
    I hope you meant to add "and rightly so!";)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ExMeath

it was never like this in my day... :(

Advertisement