Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History in the making?

Options
  • 12-05-2007 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I watched full coverage of the NI hand over of power or the Ian Paisley show might better describe it. All the talk was of peace and the future, but beneath that there was the body language. Paisleys triumphalist pomp. His scornfull laughter. His patronizing manner to McGuiness. Not referring to him once by name is dismissive of all nationalists. McGuiness looked humiliated and his speech carried an undercurrrent of anger. And Blair, grinning ideotically in the backround, one of the principal players in bringing peace to Ireland. The very same one that has brought freedom and democracy to Iraq. Peace in our time?. Jaysus I hope so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭O'Leprosy

CrazyPJ wrote:
    And Blair, grinning ideotically in the backround, one of the principal players in bringing peace to Ireland. The very same one that has brought freedom and democracy to Iraq. Peace in our time?. Jaysus I hope so.

Well said Crazy, best point I've read in a while.

Advertisement