Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an post opening hours

Options
  • 12-05-2007 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the an post opening hours on a sat, i cant remember if there open till 1 or 2 or 3. Anyone help me out here? itd save me aa fruitless trip into town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

This might be too late for you, but you can go here and look up the opening hours for the post office you're after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Only till 1pm on a Saturday. Mad stuff. And they still don't take credit cards, so you have to keep fiddly little paper receipts if you buy boxes of stamps, send off registered letters, etc, for work and want to claim it on your tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

on a side note, it's about time the started workin real hours.

What is this closing from 1pm until 2.15 (which usually turns into 2:30) bullsh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The-Rigger wrote:
    What is this closing from 1pm until 2.15 (which usually turns into 2:30) bullsh!t

I believe they call it lunch. I may be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The opening times vary. The GPO actually opens until about 7pm or even 8pm on a Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Mossy Monk wrote:
    I believe they call it lunch. I may be wrong though.

I see, and what about 99% of other business' in the first world?

There is no reason they should not stay open through normal business hours.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bumping this old topic (Google search threw me here).. but if I post a letter on Saturday, does it get sent on Monday or Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Sully wrote: »
    Bumping this old topic (Google search threw me here).. but if I post a letter on Saturday, does it get sent on Monday or Saturday?

You posted it on Saturday therefore you sent it on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Do not bump old threads. Locked.

:D

but seriously, it just sits there til Monday morning afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Where I live the post office is open weekdays 9 to 5 all day and from 9 to 1 on a Saturday does that help?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Paulltenn

"Only till 1pm on a Saturday. Mad stuff. And they still don't take credit cards, so you have to keep fiddly little paper receipts if you buy boxes of stamps, send off registered letters, etc, for work and want to claim it on your tax."

They still don't take credit cards!! What is this the sixties? You would think with the IT industry in Ireland An Post would have been able to hire a company to implement this years ago. Basic, basic stuff, no wonder country is in state it is, if we have state bodies like this....

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

Well if it was the new Anne Doyle for 55cent once you give it a good lick it will go for miles,,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

9am to 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

The way it works is that the post boxes are emptied every weekday (Monday-Friday) at the specified time on the box. There usually isn't any collections at the weekend (except for the Christmas period), as the mail centres are closed.
    So if you sent a letter on the Saturday, it will more than likely still be there until the Monday, until the collection time It's then processed on the Monday night and dispatched to the specific PO and delivered the next day.
    So to put it simply it's like this:

Day posted : Day delivered

Friday : Monday

Saturday
    Sunday : Tuesday
    Monday

Tuesday : Wednesday

Wednesday : Thursday

Thursday : Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Doesn't get sent til Monday if put in on a Saturday

The way it works is that the post boxes are emptied every weekday (Monday-Friday) at the specified time on the box. There usually isn't any collections at the weekend (except for the Christmas period), as the mail centres are closed.
    So if you sent a letter on the Saturday, it will more than likely still be there until the Monday, until the collection time It's then processed on the Monday night and dispatched to the specific PO and delivered the next day.

Saturday
    Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Saturday
    Monday

In Town is it?

chucken1 wrote: »
    In Town is it?
    not sure what ya mean? the deliveries should be nationwide, that's including the town and countryside, the collections are the same.

The mail from the boxes in town don't go anywhere, the boxes in the post offices might be emptied by somebody inside, but they stay inside the building until collected.

Advertisement