Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stadium redevelopment

Options
  • 12-05-2007 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any info on the current redevelopment of the rugby stadia in the country?

There's plenty of info on the Thomond and Lansdowne redevelopments, but I cant find anything on Donnybrook or the RDS. Also, isnt Ravenhill due to be redeveloped too?

I think work is starting on Donnybrook pretty soon - Irish Times stub of 'new stand' etc but no details. Anyone know anything about this or the RDS enlargement - new stands, capacity etc?

Any info, links would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

ALH-06 wrote:
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any info on the current redevelopment of the rugby stadia in the country?

There's plenty of info on the Thomond and Lansdowne redevelopments, but I cant find anything on Donnybrook or the RDS. Also, isnt Ravenhill due to be redeveloped too?

I think work is starting on Donnybrook pretty soon - Irish Times stub of 'new stand' etc but no details. Anyone know anything about this or the RDS enlargement - new stands, capacity etc?

Any info, links would be much appreciated!

contact Leinster branch, its no secret and a while ago there was plenty on it when they unveiled the plans, Im sure they will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

Was in the RDS today (exams - grrrr...). Certainly doesnt seem as if work has started there in the stadium. Anyone have any idea what the improvements + eventual capacity will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

ALH-06 wrote:
    Was in the RDS today (exams - grrrr...). Certainly doesnt seem as if work has started there in the stadium. Anyone have any idea what the improvements + eventual capacity will be?

The work there is well under way - it is due to be complete by the horse show this summer and then there will be a few developments after that in time of the new season. I think it is mainly the pitch etc that is being re done.

Advertisement