Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Pavillion dv9500t

Options
  • 11-05-2007 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to buy a new laptop and I was searching around on the HP website and came across the Pavillion dv9500t. I really liked the look of and specs of this particular laptop and was just wondering if it was available in Ireland and also, what people think about this laptop and HP laptops in general?

Thanks for your help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hunty wrote:
    and HP laptops in general?

Avoid like the plague. :)

I have nothing good to say about HP, my pavillion gave me nothing but trouble (bough in 2004).

Having said that, there are probably a load of people who will have nothing but praise for HP. So it's really an matter of taking all opinions on board and making your own decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Hey I have the Hp pavillion dv9000

I bought it with XP back in November.

Its a great desktop replacement system and its specs for price are outstanding.(I dont work for HP)
    The build quality is out standing also they are strong and stylish.

I got
    Windows XP media center edition
    Intel core duo 1.83
    Nivedia Gforce 7600 512 graphics card
    2 gigs of ram
    240 gig hd drive
    digital tv signal reciever and remote
    and all the rest for €1800

Saying all this the HP family of laptops are not with out problems
    I have had a few to date such as windows systems errors for no reason.
    My speakers just recently have stopped working for no particular reason.
    Shut down can sometimes be very slow if you have alot of processes running in the background, the computer takes a while to shut them down.
    The Hp tech support are quite helpful too and your not on hold all day...
    HP also have a 1 year standard warrenty with options to increase this during the first year.
    The only places I know that Hp are available are in Soundstore in Cork who sell them at very resonable prices or PC world who are very expensive.
    Eg. my laptop was 1800 in Soundstore and 2200 in PC world at the same time. So shopping around is your best bet.

All in all though i am very happy with my laptop It runs everything i can throw at it and has the relative reliability of Windows XP.
    The harddisk space too is very nice.
    Best of luck with you decision.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

Thanks for the very informative reply spoofily!!

Anyone else?????? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭tonyboy247

Whenever there is a big price differential you can be assured your dealing with horse manure…It sounds great on paper but don’t flush the receipt away as I suspect you will need it when its returned for repair…..I still suffer from repetitive strain injury from using one of these things…the weight is fierce!! ;)

Advertisement