Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Get To Sugarloaf Without a Car

Options
  • 11-05-2007 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

How can I get to Sugarloaf mountain without a car? I'm in Dublin city centre and obviously need to take a bus to Wicklow town or something. Any advice would be great as the missus would like to head off early saturday morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Simple ... take the 145 bus all the way to Kilmacanogue which is where the Sugarloaf is. They're pretty regular and leave from O'Connell St.

There's an old thread somewhere on Outdoor Pursuits that gives some ideas as to possible routes up and starting points from Kilmacanogue.

EDIT: Found it here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055035861

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks for that Alun, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I walked from Greystones train station once. Went up the Little Sugarloaf along they way, then went up the other one. The smaller one was much nicer that day as there was no one around at all, but there were quite a few on the Great Sugarloaf. Then walked back to Kilmacanogue and got the bus back into town

Advertisement