Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to Coolmine Industrial Estate

Options
  • 11-05-2007 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Clueless at driving in Dublin, it's all very new to me but seems I'm clueless at driving full stop...anyway need to go to Coolmine Industrial Estate and took this route yesterday and today but both times I ended up in Lucan and then heading to Liffey Valley direction. At this stage I know every road in Lucan which is nice but not what I want. Once I get to Lucan where do I go? I'm obviously not following this route properly :( Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

0.0 Turn left onto the R406 R406 0.0

1.6 Turn left, then join the M4 motorway (signposted M4 Dublin) M4 1.7

8.2 Continue forward onto the N4 N4 9.9

0.3 Branch left (signposted Lucan), then at T-junction turn left Entering Dublin Uncl. 10.3

0.6 Bear left onto Leixlip Road Uncl. 10.8

0.4 Continue forward onto Lucan Road Uncl. 11.2

0.1 Turn left onto the R109 R109 11.3

2.0 Turn left onto Lower Road - R121 R121 13.3

4.6 At roundabout take the 1st exit onto the R121 R121 17.8

0.3 At roundabout take the 3rd exit Uncl. 18.2

0.5 At roundabout take the 2nd exit Uncl. 18.7

0.4 Turn left onto Clonsilla Road Uncl. 19.0

0.1 Turn right onto Coolmine Road Uncl. 19.1

0.6 Continue forward onto Carpenterstown Road Uncl. 19.7

0.1 Finish at Coolmine Station,Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

Cross the liffey at the back of Ulster Bank in Lucan and follow thge road to Blanch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Where is Ulster Bank in Lucan? Is it the road to the left when you enter the village from Maynooth? And up the hill and then right??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

MayMay wrote:
    Where is Ulster Bank in Lucan? Is it the road to the left when you enter the village from Maynooth? And up the hill and then right??

Sounds like you are mixing up Leixlip and Lucan.

Leixlip is after Maynooth, Lucan is after Leixlip.

I know the route very well - where exactly in Maynooth are you starting off?

Do you know where Tesco is in Maynooth?

tom dunne wrote:
    Sounds like you are mixing up Leixlip and Lucan.

Leixlip is after Maynooth, Lucan is after Leixlip.

I know the route very well - where exactly in Maynooth are you starting off?

Do you know where Tesco is in Maynooth?

Yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

The easiest and quickest way to go would be to:

Go onto the M4 heading for Dublin

Take the next turn-off for Leixlip/Celbridge

At the top of the sliproad take the first exit for Leixlip (heading for Intel)

At the next roundabout take the first exit (the old Maynooth road)

Drive past Intel and then turn right down Kellystown Lane (signposted)

Continue to the end of Kellystown lane and turn right.

Continue going straight on this road - past Confey GAA club until you come to a T Junction.

Go right towards Lucan

Almost immediately you will go over a bridge - turn left at the bottom of it.

COntinue straight passing some small houses and at the end of this road turn left.

Pass Wesmanstown Sports Centre.

Follow signs for Clonsilla - crossing over the railway line.

Follow the road through a few sets of traffic lights until you come to a small roundabout - go left here towards Blanchardstown SC.

You are basically there now.

Alternatively, depending on which side of Maynooth you live on it may be quicker to take the old Leixlip road (past Tesco) as far as Kellystown Lane.

You should avoid a lot of traffic this way - whereas you will encounter some going through Lucan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

Apologies for butting in, but did you know that the Maynooth rail service goes through Coolmine? I noticed that the route you posted above seemed to terminate there, and tbh you might find it as handy. I don't know how close the Coolmine station is to the industrial estate, but I'd guess that somewhere here probably knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The train station is a 30 mins walk from the coolmine industrial estate.
    It would be possible to get the train and then get the 39 bus to the industrial est.
    The route Paulanthony has givn you MayMay is pretty simular to the directions I once gave you.

Schuhart wrote:
    Apologies for butting in, but did you know that the Maynooth rail service goes through Coolmine? I noticed that the route you posted above seemed to terminate there, and tbh you might find it as handy. I don't know how close the Coolmine station is to the industrial estate, but I'd guess that somewhere here probably knows.

I was hoping that too but I've been told to drive as it's a bit away from the train station?

Thanks very much paulanthony, I'll take that route this evening and see how I get on, thanks.

Do you know how long it would take in rush hour traffic roughly?

MayMay wrote:

Less than half an hour

Less than half an hour

Great. Thanks so much for your help, ye should work for AA roadwatch ;) Thanks very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

MayMay wrote:
    I was hoping that too but I've been told to drive as it's a bit away from the train station?

Thanks very much paulanthony, I'll take that route this evening and see how I get on, thanks.

I used to work in the Industrial Estate there and commute from Maynooth. Usually went by train, and I found the walk from Coolmine Station rarely took much more than 20 mins.

I also drove in sometimes, and was usually able to do it in under half an hour going a similar route to what paulanthony described, though I was usually in that case going in either side of 9, so perhaps not exactly the rush hour traffic you mean.

Thanks Cython

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I was going to send you a slightly different way from Tesco, but paulanthony's way will get you there.

Thanks anyway Tom :)

Thanks everyone. Off I go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Thaedydal wrote:
    No chance unless you're an arthritic 90 year old. Look here. It's at MOST 1km from the station (bottom centre) to the furthest building in the industrial estate (top left). I've walked this dozens of times. It'll take about 10-15 minutes. Even if the level crossing barriers are down, you won't be delayed for work as the Dublin bound platform has its own exit to the north if the barriers straght onto Coolmine Road.
    Paulantony wrote:
    Go onto the M4 heading for Dublin

Take the next turn-off for Leixlip/Celbridge

At the top of the sliproad take the first exit for Leixlip (heading for Intel)

At the next roundabout take the first exit (the old Maynooth road)
    The next roundabout isn't the old N4 (R148). It's an unclassified road from Easton (part of Leixlip) to Connolly's Folly and on to the R405 (Maynooth-Celbridge road). You'd need to go straight through the next roundabout and then left at the roundabout in front of Intel before continuing as you stated down Kellystown Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Thaedydal wrote:
    It's less than 3/4 of a mile. Takes me 25 mins to walk the 1.7 miles from work to Drumcondra station.

murphaph wrote:

The next roundabout isn't the old N4 (R148). It's an unclassified road from Easton (part of Leixlip) to Connolly's Folly and on to the R405 (Maynooth-Celbridge road). You'd need to go straight through the next roundabout and then left at the roundabout in front of Intel before continuing as you stated down Kellystown Lane.

True - my bad. Keep going until you can see Intel and can no longer go straight. GO left there and pass Intel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

MayMay wrote:
    I'd get the train - it's only ten mins or so from Cooline Ind Est.. It is very close. Def not 30 mins

True - my bad. Keep going until you can see Intel and can no longer go straight. GO left there and pass Intel...

You're grand, I figured that out :) Well I got as far as Blanchardstown shopping centre and came back, traffic was mental and I figured if I can make it that far today I'll have no bother tomorrow morning when my appointment is. Saturdays should be easier hopefully. Just want to ask if anyone knows where the Industrial Estate is in relation to the shopping centre? I saw Coolmine Recycling plant and Coolmine school, is it around there?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

MayMay wrote:
    You're grand, I figured that out :) Well I got as far as Blanchardstown shopping centre and came back, traffic was mental and I figured if I can make it that far today I'll have no bother tomorrow morning when my appointment is. Saturdays should be easier hopefully. Just want to ask if anyone knows where the Industrial Estate is in relation to the shopping centre? I saw Coolmine Recycling plant and Coolmine school, is it around there?
    Yes. The recycling centre is in the industrial estate. The school is just across from it.

• Advertisement

murphaph wrote:
    Yes. The recycling centre is in the industrial estate. The school is just across from it.

Oh so I was in the right place so, great thanks. My appointment tomorrow is in Unit 49 across from Molloys Liquer Store. Easy enough to find now that I'm in the right place at least I suppose? Thanks very much.

Advertisement