Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector Woes

Options
  • 11-05-2007 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

Heres the deal. Dell 9400 with GeForce 7800. Happily outputs to projectors and monitors for a year. Then all of a sudden dosen't want to talk to projectors.

4 different projectors in the school and none will work properly. If I fiddle around with the settings (refresh rate and res) I can get an image on two of the projectors but there is still distortion.

The laptop outputs to LCD and CRT screens fine, just not projectors!!!! However I can't set the resolution and refresh rate when the screen in cloned.

Has anyone come across this before. The card dosen't seem to be picking up monitor information (max refresh rate etc.) I know it is not a software issue as I have rebuilt the system and it affects Ubuntu and XP (both had been working fine)

I fear if i send it back Dell will test it on a monitor and say it is ok. AHHHHH!

Advertisement