Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie League?

Options
  • 11-05-2007 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

Hopefully this isn't regarded as spam again (sorry!). How about a Boards.ie private freeroll tournament / league, which is obviously exclusive to Boards.ie users.

Depending upon the level of response this could be weekly / monthly. I would say a weekly would require 200+ (I know a good few of our members use Boards.ie already).

We would be happy to provide a $200 prize to start off with per freeroll. Perhaps even a monthly leaderboard could be setup with additional prizes. So what does everyone think?

Let us know if you have any suggestions on structure etc.

BoylepokerTeam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shuffles

id love it in league format as opposed to a once off tourney. would deffo be on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

200$ prize fund - 300+ entrants, 20min clock 5k starting stack and you can play it on any Ipoker website . . . sounds good

Cheers for taking the time to organise this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I'd like a boards league too. Unfortunately I cannot commit myself to playing this every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

i would definately be up for this on a weekly basis, but cant commit myself until june, but after that will be able to make EVERY tourney :) hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Hi,

Hopefully this isn't regarded as spam again (sorry!). How about a Boards.ie private freeroll tournament / league, which is obviously exclusive to Boards.ie users.

Depending upon the level of response this could be weekly / monthly. I would say a weekly would require 200+ (I know a good few of our members use Boards.ie already).

We would be happy to provide a $200 prize to start off with per freeroll. Perhaps even a monthly leaderboard could be setup with additional prizes. So what does everyone think?

BoylepokerTeam

Just a question - nice to see you organising free-rolls and all - but would you think about running a major free-roll......Say a package to the WSOP or the like. $200 freerolls don't appeal to most players imo.....a $12k package would really grab people's attention.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

We already have a Boards MTT league, with over $1000 added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

Let me do the maths....

Boyles + giving anything away = LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Hi,

BoylepokerTeam

Not a hope in a million years of getting 200 people to play this although i can see how it would be profitable for Boylesports if a lot of boardsies signed up for a Boylesports account just to play this freeroll.

Mikes done a great job at GJP setting up a bi-weekly tournament and adding 1k to the prizepool and we dont get anywhere near 200 runners.

Youre going to have to make it far more appealing for most boardsies to show any interest.

oh we'd have to be on the boyle poker system to avail of the free 200$s ???

Still in fairness, he's doing some deal!

would we have to enter his name in as ref in the bonus code??

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Lplate

carfax wrote:
    Just a question - nice to see you organising free-rolls and all - but would you think about running a major free-roll......Say a package to the WSOP or the like. $200 freerolls don't appeal to most players imo.....a $12k package would really grab people's attention.......

Firstly it's great that Boyles are trying to come up with ways of appealing to Irish players and recognising that Boards.ie is home to a great many. However, carfax's suggestion above is far more likely (certain in fact) to get the kind of response you're looking for. A sponsored Boards.ie player at the WSOP would generate both positive advertising and a lot of goodwill amongst members and a league format to find the lucky player would be a good idea. I'm certain that you would be knocked down in the rush to get signed up for this.

Without wanting to sound high-handed a freeroll with a prizepool of $200 is unlikely to hold any appeal to most people here.

• Advertisement

(sarcometer now turned off)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

200 freeroll = meh/lol/bah/etc

WSOP freeroll = where do I sign up?

Advertisement