Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 32" Lcd €649

Options
  • 11-05-2007 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

I see Aldi have their Tevion 32" LCD back again at €649 on Sunday 13th.

Broaden your viewing horizons with this amazing TV that has an excellent specification for well under €700. Can you really find more features for your money elsewhere?

Fully HD ready with HDCP decoding and 2 HDMI inputs (480i/p, 576i/p, 720i/p, 1080i)
    1366 × 768 resolution
    2 × HDMI sockets
    Nicam stereo 2 × 7W speakers
    Progressive Scan
    Teletext
    Contrast ratio: 1000:1
    Brightness: 500cd/m2
    Sleep timer
    3D comb filter
    Viewing angle: 170°
    Component input (RCA), VGA input, Video (RCA) input
    2 Scart connections (1 half, 1 full)
    Full function remote control with batteries
    200 programmable channels
    HD – detail like you’ve never seen before
    High Definition is the greatest advancement in television technology since black and white changed to colour.
    A TV bearing the ‘HD Ready’ logo has the ability to display High Definition broadcasts of 720 or 1080 lines, as opposed to ‘standard’ broadcasts of 625 lines. The detail HD delivers is staggering. A HD screen contains more pixels which allows you to see every blade of grass, every thread, every feather in crystal clear clarity.

This HD Ready 1080P model offers the highest possible screen resolution giving you full High Definition imagery – giving a 400% improvement of a standard TV.

LINK

Having got the €399 Technosonic thanks to Jarvis I'm not in the market myself, but thought others might be interested....

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

it only says its resloution is 1080i in the specs but 1080p in the blurb.

I wonder which one it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭lynchie

Cant be 1080p as its res is only 1366x768.. needs to be 1920x1080 to be 1080p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

lynchie wrote:

Thats what I was thinking but I was wondering had the made a cock up in the specs or the blurb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

High Definition is the greatest advancement in television technology since black and white changed to colour.
    A TV bearing the ‘HD Ready’ logo has the ability to display High Definition broadcasts of 720 or 1080 lines, as opposed to ‘standard’ broadcasts of 625 lines. The detail HD delivers is staggering. A HD screen contains more pixels which allows you to see every blade of grass, every thread, every feather in crystal clear clarity.

Above is not included in specs for 32" but in general HD info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

cantona wrote:

Above is not included in specs for 32" but in general HD info
    Thanks catona ;)

This is not 1080p, nor will it accept a 1080p feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

Yeah, it's a cock-up. They must have mixed up the description with the 47" Tv also on sale that day which will display 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Nobody will notice the difference between 1080p and 1080i on this size tv - because there is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Anyone get one (or the 47")?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

lynchie wrote:

Hmm, i didnt know that, but anyone getting the tv with little or no knowledge when would that hinder them later on?

standbyme wrote:
    Hmm, i didnt know that, but anyone getting the tv with little or no knowledge when would that hinder them later on?

Not really. Other than games consoles and v expensive HD-DVD & Blu-Ray players there wont be many 1080p sources.

720 and 1080i would do most people over the life time of their tv I would say

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

HD-DVD and BluRay will not be expensive for long.

It won't be long before you won't be able to buy a DVD player that is not HD or BluRay.

Assuming the lifetime of your TV is gonna be about 5 years, then on large panels, 1080p is worth getting or waiting for.

spockety wrote:
    HD-DVD and BluRay will not be expensive for long.

It won't be long before you won't be able to buy a DVD player that is not HD or BluRay.

Assuming the lifetime of your TV is gonna be about 5 years, then on large panels, 1080p is worth getting or waiting for.

They said the same thing about vcr when dvd came out and its only in the last couple of years that they have stopped making vcrs.

1080p is defo worth getting in panels bigger than 42'' but on a 32' you wont notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

kearnsr wrote:
    1080p is defo worth getting in panels bigger than 42'' but on a 32' you wont notice it.
    Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Lots of these on the shelves in two aldis I've been in the last few days...not eally that much of a bargain, or so it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

same price as the 32" lcd they sold about 6 months ago. only difference is that this one has 2 hdmi sockets. Not near the bargin it was back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

This looks like a better deal for 515 yoyos

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/542596/art/mirai/dtl-332m200-lcd-tv.html?itag=3891

The DTL-332M200 32” LCD TV from Mirai gives you high-definition pictures on a unique design. The DTL-332M200 has a 1200:1 contrast level for amazing visual depth. Among the features of the DTL-332M200 is the Picture-in-Picture video incrustation mode, TV text, and picture pre-settings. Connectivity-wise, the DTL-332M200 is equipped with an HDMI input and a PC input. The DTL-332M200 LCD television offers high-definition pictures and user-friendly functions, so you can enjoy your favourite TV programmes and films in complete comfort.

General Product Type 32" LCD TV
    Digital Television Certification HD ready
    PC Interface VGA (HD-15)
    Dimensions Without stand
    Width 81.6 cm
    Depth 12.5 cm
    Height 53.2 cm
    Weight 15 kg
    Display Diagonal Size 32" - widescreen
    Resolution 1,366 x 768
    Display Format 720p
    Image Aspect Ratio 16:9
    Colour Depth 24-bit (16.7 million colours)
    Image Contrast Ratio 1,200:1
    Brightness 400 cd/m²
    Total Pixels 1,049,088
    Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
    Viewing Angle 176 degrees
    Viewing Angle (Vertical) 176 degrees
    Pixel Response Time 6.5 ms
    TV Tuner Analogue TV Tuner NTSC, PAL, SECAM
    Multi-channel Preview Picture-in-picture (PIP)
    Video Features HD Ready Yes
    Input Video Formats 480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i, 576i, 576p
    Teletext Yes
    Teletext Memory 1,000 pages
    NTSC Playback on PAL TV Yes
    Remote Control Type Remote control - infrared
    Audio System Sound Output Mode Stereo
    Surround Mode Built-in
    Speakers Included 2 speakers
    Output Power / Total 16 Watt
    Speaker(s) 2 x right/left channel speaker - 8 Watt
    Connections Connector Type 1 x VGA input ( 15 PIN HD D-Sub (HD-15) )
    1 x HDMI input
    2 x SCART ( 21 PIN SCART )
    1 x audio line-in ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm )
    1 x component video input
    1 x S-Video input ( 4 PIN mini-DIN )
    1 x composite video input ( RCA phono )
    1 x headphones ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm )
    Miscellaneous Included Accessories LCD TV stand
    Power Power Device Power supply - internal
    Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 5 Watt
    Power Consumption Operational 200 Watt
    Manufacturer Warranty Service & Support 2 years' warranty
    Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 2 years - pick-up and return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

This looks like a better deal for 515 yoyos

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/542596/art/mirai/dtl-332m200-lcd-tv.html?itag=3891

The DTL-332M200 32” LCD TV from Mirai gives you high-definition pictures on a unique design. The DTL-332M200 has a 1200:1 contrast level for amazing visual depth. Among the features of the DTL-332M200 is the Picture-in-Picture video incrustation mode, TV text, and picture pre-settings. Connectivity-wise, the DTL-332M200 is equipped with an HDMI input and a PC input. The DTL-332M200 LCD television offers high-definition pictures and user-friendly functions, so you can enjoy your favourite TV programmes and films in complete comfort.

General Product Type 32" LCD TV
    Digital Television Certification HD ready
    PC Interface VGA (HD-15)
    Dimensions Without stand
    Width 81.6 cm
    Depth 12.5 cm
    Height 53.2 cm
    Weight 15 kg
    Display Diagonal Size 32" - widescreen
    Resolution 1,366 x 768
    Display Format 720p
    Image Aspect Ratio 16:9
    Colour Depth 24-bit (16.7 million colours)
    Image Contrast Ratio 1,200:1
    Brightness 400 cd/m²
    Total Pixels 1,049,088
    Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
    Viewing Angle 176 degrees
    Viewing Angle (Vertical) 176 degrees
    Pixel Response Time 6.5 ms
    TV Tuner Analogue TV Tuner NTSC, PAL, SECAM
    Multi-channel Preview Picture-in-picture (PIP)
    Video Features HD Ready Yes
    Input Video Formats 480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i, 576i, 576p
    Teletext Yes
    Teletext Memory 1,000 pages
    NTSC Playback on PAL TV Yes
    Remote Control Type Remote control - infrared
    Audio System Sound Output Mode Stereo
    Surround Mode Built-in
    Speakers Included 2 speakers
    Output Power / Total 16 Watt
    Speaker(s) 2 x right/left channel speaker - 8 Watt
    Connections Connector Type 1 x VGA input ( 15 PIN HD D-Sub (HD-15) )
    1 x HDMI input
    2 x SCART ( 21 PIN SCART )
    1 x audio line-in ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm )
    1 x component video input
    1 x S-Video input ( 4 PIN mini-DIN )
    1 x composite video input ( RCA phono )
    1 x headphones ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm )
    Miscellaneous Included Accessories LCD TV stand
    Power Power Device Power supply - internal
    Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 5 Watt
    Power Consumption Operational 200 Watt
    Manufacturer Warranty Service & Support 2 years' warranty
    Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 2 years - pick-up and return
    did anyone buy this tv?
    is it any good?

im looking for a 32" for my new house but im a bit clueless. any help appreciated

Advertisement