Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software

Options
  • 10-05-2007 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Just ordered my first half decent camera online. Decided to buy a copy of Photoshop too, until I saw the price of it. Any reasonably priced alternatives out there for the amateur?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Photoshop Elements is okay. Corel has something which is pretty decent as well and they are in and around the 120E mark, Corel probably less actually.

The GIMP is free and it's very decent as well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

paint.net is also free.
    The Gimp as mentioned,
    Picasa is also free,
    you could also pick up an older version of photoshop or download a 30 day trial to see whats its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Have a think about it, I'm sure you'll come up with a few legal ways to get Photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Thanks all - that gives me a few ideas. I think I'll wait till I actually get my camera and start taking snaps before I go spending any idea. But at least I have a bit of a clue where to look now...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I really shouldn't have to tell you that software piracy is NOT a subject to discuss on boards.

• Advertisement

You don't - FWIW I've downloaded Picasa and The Gimp, as suggested, and I expect these will be fine for my needs.

And given that most people know where to look for pirated software if that's their thing, and the request was for "reasonably priced alternatives", I don't think we need worry about further, potentially unlawful, discussions on this thread.

Would you believe it? I found an installation disk I got a couple of years ago for Paint Shop Pro 7, which appears to be fine for the likes of watermarking, etc. Have The Gimp, etc. for latest technology in other enhancements.

Advertisement