Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Limerick

Options
  • 10-05-2007 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

How longs it take to get to Limerick City from Dublin City leaving Dublin about 10am?

THanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 plainbiscuits

It takes 2 hours from the Red Cow Roundabout to the first roundabout outside Limerick City. You are then approx 15 - 20 minutes to the city center depending on what time of day you arrive. If you are arriving at 1pm allow 30 mins at least then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

It takes 2 hours from the Red Cow Roundabout to the first roundabout outside Limerick City. You are then approx 15 - 20 minutes to the city center depending on what time of day you arrive. If you are arriving at 1pm allow 30 mins at least then
    Not being funny, but is that obeying all the speed limits?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Yup! think so! Normally takes somewhere between 2 - 2.5 hours
    AA route planner says 2hrs 14 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

yeah 2 hours is about right, you'll make portlaoise in 45 minutes from the red cow alone and that's not far off half the distance, it's about 120miles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

^ id say a little more taking traffic into consideration
    when the dual carriageway from limerick city to nenagh opens in the next year or 2 then it will be under two hours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

HAHA... it takes about 4 hours to make the trip by bus

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

That's true! I hate the Dublin/Limerick bus - takes forever!
    Once it took me 6 hours!! :eek:
    But that was leaving Dublin at rush hour - never again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Alright lads, thanks for the info.

Now - where are the main speedtraps? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

cArOl wrote:
    That's true! I hate the Dublin/Limerick bus - takes forever!
    Once it took me 6 hours!!
    But that was leaving Dublin at rush hour - never again!

WHAT? 6 hours for that journey, thats...thats insanity. Last time I got the bus to Limerick, it seemed such a short bus journey. the time before that, it seemed an eternity. It'll always seem short now, considering I've taken the bus to Cork. Takes about 3 and half hours by bus normally, its all fine.

Ciaranfo, I'd say the main speed traps would be after the by-passes finish, around Mountrath, Borris-in-Ossary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

between nenagh and limerick are the main speed traps
    towns like birdhill which are not yet bypassed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

1huge1 wrote:
    towns like birdhill

A town now consists of a pub, a restaurant, and a Tipp crystal shop?:p In all my years of staying in Birdhill, I've only ever come across cops once there, at about 3 in the morning. Although Dalys Cross could get some cops too, dangerous place alright

Advertisement