Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OOTP question

Options
  • 10-05-2007 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

While re-reading the OOTP I noticed something that I thought I should bring up her.
    At the start Harry performed a patronus and was caught by the ministry of magic etc etc.
    But later on we learn (can't remember from whom) that they don't know whos doing the magic just that the magic was performed, so wouldn't they have assumed that it was harry performing magic when Tonks moved all of Harrys stuff?

Ps forgive the wall of text.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭katarin

yeah that was the explanaiton for harry being repremanded for dobby's throwing the cake in CoS. I think its the fact that at the beginning of OotP, harry was on his last chance with the ministry - thus getting expelled from hogwarts and called for a hearing. so when tonks did magic in the following chapter, it wasnt considered underage magic coz harry had already been expelled and was therefore doing nothing illegal, merely digging himself a deeper hole.

does that sound right? .. i never thought about that before!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

In OotP, Harry was grand. He was expelled at the start of book 5, not 6. Maybe the Ministry knew the order were going to get him, or maybe it's just a continuity error!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Mkl

I'm just delighted someone replied :)

Advertisement