Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fridge problem

Options
  • 10-05-2007 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

:confused::( hi all,new to the site, first posting.
    does anybody know where to get a dometic 3 way fridge fixed,it is not cooling,changes to all 3 ,gas/230v and 12v but will not cool in any mode, i think it may need re/gasing. rang a few fridge engineers all said they do not do camper fridges. hope for some advice regards macpete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Can't help you with your main question (maybe ring a few motorhome dealers, they must have some service from dometic occasionally?), but you could try the following:

first make sure that your fridge is perfectly level when you try it. If that's not the problem;

Take your frige for a drive on 12V. Possibly on the worst road that you can find. A good shakeup will sometimes sort it out.

I've also heard of people that had great success with taking the fridge out and putting it on its head over night ...(but that involves fiddling with the gas connections and is not everybodies cup of tea)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macpete

thanks for the advice,I have driven 385km through Roscommon,Sligo and Donegal on 12v last weekend on lots of bad roads, still the same.Do not fancy removing fridge with all wires and gas fittings.hope to get a pro to fix it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Macpete
    From the www.Dometic.com site the give the following company as a service agent. Give them a call and perhaps they could refer you to somebody more local.

Home Appliances Services Ltd
    11 Cullion Road
    Mayobridge
    Newry
    BT34 2HV Belfast
    County Down
    Telephone: +02830 850222
    Fax: +02830 850222

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macpete

thanks for the info.:D

Advertisement