Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Memory

Options
  • 10-05-2007 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Looking for a place to buy laptop memory. Want to upgrade my laptop from XP to Vista but it only has 512MB RAM. Anyone know any good sites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

if your laptop only has 512 ram it could be too old to upgrade to vista. what type of processor and hard drive to you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

if your laptop only has 512 ram it could be too old to upgrade to vista. what type of processor and hard drive to you have?

Hi Frank. Only got the laptop last September.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That's a most bizarre statement to make.

Most computers/laptops come with memory slots free and usually can take at least 1Gig.

You can try shop4memory.com - based in Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

majiktripp wrote:

Cheers majiktripp. Just bought 2GB from Dabs for €83 delivered!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

tom dunne wrote:
    That's a most bizarre statement to make.

Most computers/laptops come with memory slots free and usually can take at least 1Gig.

You can try shop4memory.com - based in Celbridge.

i had a loptop bought in 2002, with 512ram and only a 20gb hard drive, vista takes up over 10gb. If it was an old laptop with an old processor, vista would run very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Here is some more

www.overclockers.co.uk
    www.sevendayshop.com
    www.shop4memory.com
    www.expansys.ie

I know vista is great and all but be aware that you might see alot of blue screens in the future until they get the first service pack out.
    There are still loads of compatability problems with alot of software.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

ebay - search for your type of RAM and look for buyer 'fastmemoryman'.

I've bought off him 4 or 5 times without problems.

Advertisement