Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owner Occupied renting

Options
  • 10-05-2007 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

I'm an Owner and will be renting a room in my place for no more than €550 p/month including bills (doesn't exceed the taxation limit afaik). A couple of questions...

Do i need to be registered anywhere?

Does anyone have a sample rental agreement i could fleece? :rolleyes:

Ta in advance!
    Pips

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

People will be letting the room in your house/apartment under licence- and are not considered to be tenants.
    If you do a quick google you'll find a few suggestions for inclusion in an agreement. This may not be entirely applicable but it may give you a few ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I rented out a room for 4 years , it was all under the tax bracket of 7500 .

I never filed out any forms at all. One girl had me sign a rent book for a few weeks but thats it.

I would just ring the revenue if it concerns you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Zambia232 are you not meant to fill out a Form 12 to declare income from rent-a-room even if its below the taxable amount? 7620 I think.
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

mathie wrote:
    Zambia232 are you not meant to fill out a Form 12 to declare income from rent-a-room even if its below the taxable amount? 7620 I think.
    M

yep, you must declare the income to the revenue, even though it's tax exempt

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

cool appreciate the feedback folks

• Advertisement
Advertisement