Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xtravision Games deal

Options
  • 09-05-2007 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Trade in 2 games and get any PS2, PS3 or XBOX360 game for €4.99
    http://www.xtravision.ie/xvContent.asp?id=28

I think this may have been posted before!

Does any body know the terms and conditions for this? Do the games all have to be on the same platform?
    I can't find the T&C on the site for this offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

What the hell?Thats even better than Gamestop's offer!There must be a catch of some kind......I can't find any on the site though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

That link doesn't work (for me anyway). If you go to the site, just click "Games Trading" from the left navigation to see the offer. The Xtravision website doesn't link well for some reason.

I'd imagine there would be a minimum combined value that the traded games must achieve before you could take advantage of this offer. I tried trading in 6 older PS2 games last week and was offered €20 for the lot. I doubt I'd be allowed to trade in two of these for this offer.

Incidentally, Gamestop offered me a mere €12 for the same 6 games... for those treasured memories. :D

Fnz wrote:
    That link doesn't work (for me anyway). If you go to the site, just click "Games Trading" from the left navigation to see the offer. The Xtravision website doesn't link well for some reason.

I'd imagine there would be a minimum combined value that the traded games must achieve before you could take advantage of this offer. I tried trading in 6 older PS2 games last week and was offered €20 for the lot. I doubt I'd be allowed to trade in two of these for this offer.

Incidentally, Gamestop offered me a mere €12 for the same 6 games... for those treasured memories. :D
    You have to copy and paste the link otherwise it won't work.Anyways I bet you're right about the combined value.I know for Gamestop's deal the games had to be worth €44 trade in value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sorry to burst your bubble OP.
    I have the free xtravision mag in front of me

It only applies to 18 games.
    I'm not typing the list but let's say they are all recent games, for example 2007 versions of EA sports games.

There are no games on that list that were released pre 2007.

micmclo wrote:
    Sorry to burst your bubble OP.
    I have the free xtravision mag in front of me

It only applies to 18 games.
    I'm not typing the list but let's say they are all recent games, for example 2007 versions of EA sports games.

There are no games on that list that were released pre 2007.
    I don't understand.Are the EA sports games the games you trade in?If so that sucks cause I don't own any sports titles. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Their are more than sports games, but if you want to trade them in on this deal, they need to be fairly big tiles and new too. Oh and as far as I know, the console of games you trade in determines the console you get the new game for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

that makes no sense, on a new enough titke xtra vision pay around 40 - 45 euro.

if you gave in 2 new titles you woulde be looking at 90euro trade in value.

they have a "most wanted list" which is the games that they will currently give the most money, ie, 45 euro for.
    i dont think it has anything to do with this promo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

hey, i have like 10 really old ps2 games so does that mean that i will be fit to get a ps3 game for 5euro if i just trade in 2? if so has anyone tried this? wouldnt mind getting a ps2 game either did anyone actually ask/phone the store about details?

hey, i have like 10 really old ps2 games so does that mean that i will be fit to get a ps3 game for 5euro if i just trade in 2? if so has anyone tried this? wouldnt mind getting a ps2 game either did anyone actually ask/phone the store about details?
    Am planning on calling the store later.Will post what I find out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Am planning on calling the store later.Will post what I find out later.
    Excellent - keep us posted !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SamoZlo

that offer applies only to few titles. it works like that: there's a list of games, which thaey want. for two games from that list you get a game for that 5 Euros. you can't bring any game - they have to be exactly those, which they want.

****.Well I can't get through to the ****ers anyways.The phone rings and someone picks up, but then theres no sound!I'll ask about the deal when i'm in the shop tomorrow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 xXxBLOODRUSHxXx

Yeh, if u go to xtra-vision and give them 2 good condition xbox 360 games ur able 2 get Halo 3, 4 free!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Yeh, if u go to xtra-vision and give them 2 good condition xbox 360 games ur able 2 get Halo 3, 4 free!:D

What games did you trade in ??? have a few oldish 360 games i wouldnt mind getting rid of for halo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

I have brand new Xbox 360 games Halo 3 and Fifa08, how much cash can I get from Xtra-vision?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

you'd probably get between 30 or 40 cash for each game. More if you trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

tbh lads i feel you get about 15% more value in xtravision, i got a game and a xtravision beside each other were i live, everytime i trade i go to both stores to compare ,i always opt for xtravision, i will say its not like that on new releases the odd time game will be 5 euros cheaper on the big titles like cod and such.plus i bought my system from game it was about 60 euro cheaper than xtravision for the pack i wanted,i found xtravision didnt want to comprimise there game bundels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Canonfan wrote: »
    I have brand new Xbox 360 games Halo 3 and Fifa08, how much cash can I get from Xtra-vision?

Thanks.

They sell 2nd hand Fifa 08 for 4.99 so i reckon they will give you 2 euro, and halo 3 is sold now for around 20 so i would guess 7 or 8 to maybe 12 for Halo 3 .

Both those games are fairly old if you want to get any money back on games you have to trade them quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

How original! :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

almanu wrote: »
    tbh lads i feel you get about 15% more value in xtravision, i got a game and a xtravision beside each other were i live, everytime i trade i go to both stores to compare ,i always opt for xtravision, i will say its not like that on new releases the odd time game will be 5 euros cheaper on the big titles like cod and such.plus i bought my system from game it was about 60 euro cheaper than xtravision for the pack i wanted,i found xtravision didnt want to comprimise there game bundels.

2 years late my friend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

jenno86 wrote: »

I thought it was good :D

Swizz wrote: »
    2 years late my friend!
    i dont understand your comment ,any chance you could explaine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

em look at the date of the posts...........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The post before yours is dated 04-11-2007, 21:11 - in other words the thread was... *counts on fingers* ... 19 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, 15 hours and five minutes dead when you resurected it.

*E&OE, may be missing a finger.

hmmmmmm just stating a fact ,does it really matter how old the posts are? in fairness i didnt realize the dates .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Is the original bargain/offer still in operation in Xtravision? It may cause confusion as the Bargain Alerts forum has a high turnover of threads.

xtravison are currently giving 15% more for trade in with vouchers which are available in the star newspapers. i got an extra 17 euro for 3 games i traded yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

Terms and conditions apply. See in store for details. Offer valid for trade–in credit only, not for cash. *Offer applies to the following titles only: NDS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS, NDS MARIO KART, NDS MARIO & SONIC OLYMPICS, NDS POKEMON DIAMOND/PEARL, NDS NINTENDOGS, NDS AGE OF EMPIRES MYTHOLOGIES, NDS BEN 10 ALIEN FORCE,NDS MARIO PARTY,NDS POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON, NDS SUPER MARIO 64,NDS ZELDA. All other trademarks, trade dress, service marks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners. PS3/XB360 Resident Evil 5, PS3 Killzone 2, XB360 Halo Wars, PS3/XB360 Street Fighter IV, PS3/XB360 Call of Duty World at War, PS3/XB360 Chronicles of Riddick, PS3/XB360 Fallout 3, PS3/XB360 Silent Hill Homecoming, PS3/XB360 Wheelman, PS3/XB360 Godfather 2, PS3/XB360 Wanted Weapons of Fate, XB360 Left 4 Dead, PS3/XB360 X-Men Origins, PS3/XB360 Tom Clancys Hawk, PS3/XB360 WWE Legends of Wrestlemania, PS3/XB360 Disney Sing it & Mics, PS3 Time Crisis 4 & Gun, PS3 Resistence 2, PS3/XB360 Destroy all Humans Path. UFC Undisputed 2009 Game and Software © 2009 THQ Inc. © 2009 Zuffa, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Developed by YUKE'S Co., Ltd. YUKE'S Co., Ltd. and its logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of YUKE'S Co., Ltd. THQ and the THQ logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of T HQ Inc. All Rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

jenno86 wrote: »

I recall you doing something similar not too long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

HoPpiE wrote: »
    I recall you doing something similar not too long ago.

That would be why I said 'How original'.

Advertisement