Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for ino on MX-5

Options
  • 09-05-2007 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,

I'm planning on selling off my mini and getting an MX-5. The upkeep on the Mini is just too much for me at the moment, so I'm looking for an MX-5.

As a potential buyer, what should I look out for? Obviously a functional soft-top is a must - I've never drove a soft-top car before, are they ok to put through a car wash for a test?

Also, what are the rust hot-spots for the MX-5... I'm looking for a 92' 1.6L btw.

Any general information on driving the car, maintainance or anything else you can tell me that you feel is important before I buy one would be great.

Cheers,
    John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

PM boards member's 'franksm' or 'prospect' - plenty of info with them on all things MX5 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Check this site out for good info:

www.mx5ireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

OT, but there is one on adverts atm (not mine!)

Are you selling your mini, then? Year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Cheers guys. I'll check out that site.
    Are you selling your mini, then? Year?

I am, lots of buyers for it already however. It's a '96. Here are some pics.

359368858a998032093b405488680l.jpg

359368858a698707731b706647646l.jpg

It looks great, has a few small rust spots here and there like every other mini. Small dent in the back boot, I suppose you could just tap it back out.. Not really bad at all. Second gear can slip at times although I got used to it. I bought it like that about a year ago. Just a heads up. I wouldn't dare sell it without being completely honest. Probably needs about 600-700 into it to get it back 100%.

48,000 miles on it which is nice for a '96.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Nice one.

Always big demand for minis (and MX-5s too!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Yeah man - Lots of people have been bugging me over the last year to sell it. I love the mini, but I'm just looking for something a little faster. MX-5 are cheap and look nice :) I'm not after a porsche or anything, just something with a little extra kick, and a convertible..

OT - I see you mod hobby radio - used to DX on the CB a few years back, dabbled a bit in 2m band too - went for the b license but didn't have enough time to finish the course.. Great hobby!

Advertisement