Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone like The Twang?

Options
  • 08-05-2007 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭

Anybodyhere like The Twang at all? I came across them when they appeared on Soccer AM and I've liked their tracks.

Their debut single Wide Awake got to number 15 in the charts and their next single Either Way is out later this month. Their debut album is out in June too.

I like their sound even though it's not the kind of music I would typically listen to.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on them at all? I understand they won an award at the NME awards as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭goodfela

Yeah, saw them at Whelans a few weeks ago and they were pretty good - not as lager-loutish as i thought they were gonna be, pretty good banter in between songs too.

the two songs you mentioned are easily their best though...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

Well missed them in Whelans, was in the village at Jamie T (much better imo). Did catch them playing suppport to James in the *******, though the were really disappointing, still have managed a couple of listens to the ep and nots too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Judging by the two singles they're another overrated 'terrace anthem' type of band aimed at the progressively degenerating English populace of lager louts, some kind of middle ground between a Doves for the hard-of-thinking and a working man's club Oasis. The musical equivalent of that TV programme "Shameless". The dumbing-down continues apace. And that Mockney Jamie T guy is even worse. The amount of Kitchen-Sink-Drama-Rock around at the moment between them and the Arctic Monkeys makes the UK charts sound like all the songs were written by Alan Bleasdale. To paraphrase MC Pitman - they just can't get enough of that "Gritty British Urban Realness". Bring back Roxy Music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Wide Awake is a great song, I actually feel it's more of an anti-anthem then a 'lager lout call to arms' lol. I was disappointed with the other songs, another example of myspace and nme hype. Still loving Wide Awake though.:D

Advertisement