Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch vibration

Options
  • 08-05-2007 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

My clutch has been jerking a lot lately whilst engaging 1st gear the first few times from a cold engine. I've been told this is because it needs to be tightened? It's fine after about 15-20 mins of driving but I do need a bit more throttle when letting the clutch out of 1st and 2nd gear after that too.

Today however there was also a slight vibration in the clutch peddle and I could also feel the vibration through the brake and accelerator.

Any insight on this?

It's due for NCT in June so it'll be serviced before this. New clutch required perhaps? Price? 90K on the clock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd say you've got a case of clutch judder. It's usually caused by uneven wear on the clutch disc or a distorted pressure plate. If the clutch isn't slipping and it doesn't bother you too much I'd be inclined to leave it alone, but given the mileage it could well be that the clutch is on it's way out. Tightening the clutch cable (if you have one) may make a slight difference but it won't cure it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

what kind of car is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

land9 wrote:
    what kind of car is it?

Saab 95

Advertisement