Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackpot 100 freezeout tonight

Options
  • 08-05-2007 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭

anybody playing this??

anyone know how many played last week??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

I would consider playing this if I thought there would be a good turnout, but I hear it has been swinging between being a STT and being cancelled.

The structure in the Fitz 55 DC has changed so that's probably a better choice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

yeah last time i played there was only 18 players or so.

whats the structure in the Fitz game now??
    what kind of numbers do they get??

mdwexford wrote:
    yeah last time i played there was only 18 players or so.

whats the structure in the Fitz game now??
    what kind of numbers do they get??

I can't remember exactly - 5starpool posted it a week or 2 ago
    It's a fair while since I've played it but last time it had 60 or so, and with no champions league on this week I'd expect a good turnout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

I will be playing the jackpot anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

rag2gar wrote:
    I will be playing the jackpot anyway

hmm could be the Fitz for me then, dont know if i can handle my Aces getting dogged again....;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

any idea of numbers in the jackpot as i like that tournament but not if its one table stuff

They've been poor lately to be honest but the absence of champions league this week should improve things somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

think i'll swing by jackpot and see how the numbers are looking, but go to fitz if less than 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,133 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm going to give the remodelled €55 in the Fitz a whirl. Numbers shouldn't be a problem. Plus, with 5500 total chips and 25 minute levels - it should be playable.

I made neither - how were the numbers at each?

• Advertisement

The Fitz game got plenty of runners and the revised structure makes it quite playable. Enjoyed it while I lasted - eventhough I was too tired to be playing anything other than muppet poker. My exit hand was particularly cunning.

12 in the jackpot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I find it quite disheartening that the Jackpot only gets 12 for this game, It's a fantastic structure and great value for money, if only people turned up to it, I have no doubt it would be one of the better games in Dublin.

shoutman wrote:
    I find it quite disheartening that the Jackpot only gets 12 for this game, It's a fantastic structure and great value for money, if only people turned up to it, I have no doubt it would be one of the better games in Dublin.

If they guarantee €2500 I'd go down, I just don't fancy hauling myself over to the Jackpot for a STT especially as the Fitz is a lot handier for me

Yea I know what you are saying, they cant guarantee it unless they think there wont be an overflow obviously they arent confident of getting the numbers.

I'd say without the weekend cash games the jackpot would be in serious trouble.

shoutman wrote:
    Yea I know what you are saying, they cant guarantee it unless they think there wont be an overflow obviously they arent confident of getting the numbers.

I'd say without the weekend cash games the jackpot would be in serious trouble.

I agree that the Jackpot game has a fantastic structure. That it hasn't taken off is a shame. As it stands though, the bar on a Tuesday night has now been upped by the Fitz. Competition is a good thing.

Theres no doubt competition is a good thing, the fact of the matter is that even when the fitz had a ****ty structure it was still getting the numbers where as the jackpot wasnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

with the jackpot you have two problems. The numbers being the first - even when they guaranteed 3500€ they normally got there or there abouts (i rec they go back to this structure !ie guaranteeing a prizepool)

But the people who did turn up to these events were all us davids - now to know that you are going to an event, that might have small numbers, and will have about 30/50% of the field with guys who know how to play it isnt too inviting - what happened to the Jackpot bringing through its own regulars?

The Se did it and made their tournaments so attractive (although alot of the regulars are becoming more competent) the Fits has their own regulars who always fill the Tue game regardless, i think the jackpot needs to get more of the random drunks from the weekends "hooked" and back in the door. Give them a flyer that they might wake up with and find in their back pockets.

Hopefully they can get some resolution to this as i really like the atmosphere there

I think thats precisely the problem, the drunks are coming in on a friday/saturday night, getting taken to the cleaners... then they wake up the next morning not knowing where they are and think that they have been robbed.

Those that do remember stumbling into/out of the jackpot will automatically associate poker with losing money to loud fat men and sober studenty types who wear the same blue hoody everyday....

Either way I cant see drunken poker players ever causing an upsurge in tourney regulars...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Pabloh

shoutman wrote:
    I think thats precisely the problem, the drunks are coming in on a friday/saturday night, getting taken to the cleaners... then they wake up the next morning not knowing where they are and think that they have been robbed.

Those that do remember stumbling into/out of the jackpot will automatically associate poker with losing money to loud fat men and sober studenty types who wear the same blue hoody everyday....

Either way I cant see drunken poker players ever causing an upsurge in tourney regulars...

Sad but true....JP seems to be dominated by drunks for 4-5 hours and then the action goes dry

• Advertisement
Advertisement