Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice Re: latest Aldi laptop?

Options
  • 08-05-2007 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to canvas opinion on the new Aldi laptop http://www.aldi.ie/images/data_product/1894846974462dc3b5832e9.pdf . I'm thinking of getting it but I know very little about these things. I'm looking for a laptop that will run basic applications like Word etc , be wireless broadband ready and one that will allow me use the likes of Photoshop on occasion too. Would this be suitable for my needs? It says it has "wireless LAN" - does this mean that it comes wireless ready and has a card built in ? Is it a good price or could I do better ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The bottom line is that it will do what you require.
    chilly wrote:
    It says it has "wireless LAN" - does this mean that it comes wireless ready and has a card built in ? Is it a good price or could I do better ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You can always do better - check out the likes of Dell.ie, laptopsdirect.ie amongst others. You might not get an identical spec, but you may get more for your money.

As for the wireless LAN, that does mean it has a wireless card built in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I would certainly have a look on dell or laptopsdirect before you buy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a look around so and see if there's anything better. I suppose that I'm programmed to believe that if it's from Aldi it must be a deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Dixons have good offers on, just make sure you firmly say no if u dont want the insurance :)

PS Just looked at the Aldi one now, its a very good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nala wrote:
    PS Just looked at the Aldi one now, its a very good deal.

No it's not.

See above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I got one of these sets for my laptop in Aldi for €24.99 on Thursday:
    1881572628462dc62127a8e.jpg

Included is the following:
    • Optical 3 button USB mouse 800dpi with scroll wheel and extendable cable (75cm)
    • Numeric keypad with extendable cable (75cm)
    • 4 × USB 2.0 hub
    • Notebook LED lamp
    • Extendable network cable RJ45 (120cm)
    • Extendable earphone and microphone cable (80cm)
    • Extendable USB cable (Typ A male, Typ A female) (75cm)
    • 2 USB adaptors
    I had some of those things already, like the earphones and microphone and the small mouse, but it was nice to get things like the numerical keypad, as it is handier than using the standard keys, or the ones on the laptop that double as the numeric keypad amongst the letters. The set didn't include a USB memory key though. Still, not a bad deal. A colleague had alerted me to the ad earlier in the week, and he too got a set.

Advertisement