Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Discount expected in NI garage?

Options
  • 08-05-2007 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I was looking at a car on Autotrader (Mazda3 saloon) in a Mazda garage in Belfast. It is advertised at £7,995. What sort of discount would one typically expect for a cash deal? Would it be worthwhile, discount wise, to buy without the warranty as the car will be for the south?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I would expect around 7,500 cash, maybe less. Isn't cash usually around 10% discount? As regards skipping thew warranty, maybe if its a jap car, but otherwise, may be risky. Check her out first!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I bought my car second hand but it was imported from the UK originally.

The car has a three year guarantee with Audi UK. The same car when sold in ROI (for about €6k more) only came with a two year warranty.

When I experienced trouble recently, I drove it to Isaac Agnews in Belfast and they were able to do all the work, based on the chassis number, as the reg had obviously changed.

I have had it back to them one other time and there has been no problem. The first time, they loaned me an A4 and sent a driver down from Belfast to bring my car back to Dublin and to pick up the A4.

I would see no problem in having a warranty in the North.

But of course you should haggle with him in terms of prices! You will definitely get something off.

Advertisement