Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2000 BMW 318 coupe or 2001 Toyota Celica

Options
  • 08-05-2007 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Any drivers of either above about? Am looking at buying one or the other and cant make up my mind! Im presuming the Celica is a little lighter on the juice. Plus the Beemer annoys me the way the windows seem to drop down or something when you close the doors. But the inside of the Celica seems pretty plasticy so im afraid it may lose my attention after 12 months. Looking to keep the car for a good few years this time.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Did you drive either? What did you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I've had a celica, if you're looking at a 01.... go to the uk and get a facelift 02 and it'll be the same price, but get the t-sport or VVTI-190 and you wont be dissapointed. They're comfy, fast, very reliable and look great. 1.8 so they're smaller engine than the bmw too, but they are faster and 6 speed and the handling is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

oh ye, if you get the 02 facelift Celica, that was the last facelift on the car, the BMW is already out of date with the new facelift!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

I have an 03 325 coupe, and I have driven the 318 coupe. Its obviously not as nippy as the 325 but is a nice drive all the same. When I first got the car I liked the way the windows adjusted when I closed the door, but now I don't even notice it. If its the only the only fault you can find...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I'd go with the celica unless you're thinking of a 325ci or 330ci.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Peteb wrote:
    Plus the Beemer annoys me the way the windows seem to drop down or something when you close the doors.

They drop down an inch when you open the door - its to stop the glass smashing when you close the door, as they're frameless. You can remove the fuse to stop this happening, but you'll more than likely end up having to replace the window on a regular basis, thats if you can get it to close in the first place.

Go for the celica, i reckon you'd be happier with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I am in a similar position at the moment, except between the 318 coupe and 320 diesel.

I would go with the coupe if I were you. Stunning car in every respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I would go with the Toyota because in my opinion BMW 316 and 318 are as common as muck on the roads now a days. Either that or a 320i coupe at least.

Advertisement